• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Committed to Mr. bigchelis: Mac-Malkoff 1000 Lumen Quad CREE in OD green..

openbolt1

Enlightened
Committed to Mr. bigchelis

Bought from Donn a year ago and I'd never part with it except I need to come up with more $$ to get my last daughter into college come August. School deposits are due now! 100% like new condition safe queen, NOT A NICK OR SCRATCH ON IT. IIRC, these emitters are WG tint.

I called Gene Malkoff and he said he will never build these again as it was very labor intensive. Donn indicated it was around 1000 lumens and Gene verified it is at least 1K lms. Uses two AW Li-Ion C cells included. They have been cycled but once.

I paid $400.00 for the light and spent another $50.00 on the batteries at Lighthound. I'm asking $395.00 and I'll give you the batteries free and I'll ship it to you for free as well (USA only). Other countries will pay actual shipping costs & I can't be responsible for it once I drop it off at the Post Office. PayPal or USPS/MO only.

Thanks,

openbolt

Here are some pic's...
quadd3.jpg

quadd2.jpg

quadd1.jpg

quadd9.jpg

Last edited:

donn_

Flashaholic
Re: FS: Mac-Malkoff 1000 Lumen Quad CREE in OD green..

This is a super light! Here's the description I used:

Here's a stunning Mac created 1.5-D host, with tailswitch, custom milled tube and finned head, all in HAIII olive drab anodizing. The condition is as new, and the color-matching between the three segments is excellent.

Inside, a Malkoff MagLite Quad Drop-in with 4x Cree Q5 WG emitters. The beam is approximately 10-12 degrees with a nice combination of spot and flood. The Drop-In module is constructed of CNC machined structural aircraft aluminum and has four regulated drivers. The current output is 1150ma per LED on 4-6 D cells. It requires 3.8 volts for regulated operation and the maximum input is 9 volts. The current draw is approximately 3500ma on 6 volts. The LED/faceted Fraen reflector sets are encased in high-temperature black epoxy.

The Malkoff Quad was a brilliant piece of design and execution, but it's been discontinued because Gene couldn't sell it for what it cost to build. Too bad, because it turns any D Maglite into a brilliant torch. I'm guessing at least 1,000 lumens at the emitters.

This one is set up to run on 2x AW C Li-Ion cells, and comes with an adapter tube to hold them. UCL lens.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow,
I really want, but must resist.....
This must put out 850~900 out the front. My Malkoff Tripple with 4 C NiMH cells does as follows in MrGmans sphere:

Malkoff Triple Drop_____,__Maglight AR glass,__________________680.4__,___3 sec_______,
Malkoff Triple Drop_____,__Maglight AR glass,__________________611.2__,__30 sec_______,
Malkoff Triple Drop_____,__Maglight AR glass,__________________586.9__,__60 sec_______,
Malkoff Triple Drop_____,__Maglight AR glass,__________________573.8__,__90 sec_______,
Malkoff Triple Drop_____,__Maglight AR glass,__________________562.6__,_120 sec_______,
Malkoff Triple Drop_____,__Maglight AR glass,__________________555.1__,_150 sec_______,
Malkoff Triple Drop_____,__Maglight AR glass,__________________545.8__,_180 sec_______,

openbolt1

Enlightened

This is a super light! Here's the description I used:

Hey thanks a lot there Donn, that was very kind of you posting all that. Been awhile so I just could not find it.

Really that was cool!

Gary

GLOCK18

Enlightened

I had this same drop in and regret selling it, this thing is extremly bright. Great price for this setup.

openbolt1

Enlightened

Wow,
I really want, but must resist.....
This must put out 850~900 out the front.

It wasn't that hard to get you to come over the line! Committed to Mr. bigchelis. It went out today via USPS Priority Mail.

Thanks,

openbolt