Is there a sub $100 dollar, sub 2.5in, 150+lumen light?

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

I just got a Zebralight CR123 Q5 and my GF confiscated it as keychain duty.

Now, I have to get her dad one too (keychain duty too). I want to impress him :whistle: So, I was thinking a CR123 or CR2 light that makes 150~200 Lumens will leave him amazed. Of course I am looking for something around the size of a Zebralight CR123 or smaller.

Please help, I need to make a good impression.:thumbsup:

bigchelis

P.S. I already know the Drake, Draco, Wee, and other custom jobs will do the job, but I want something less custom and under $100 dollars.:duh2:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast

ilLUMENati

Newly Enlightened
I just purchased that one and I should have it by Friday in my paws:twothumbs

But,
I wondered if there was something closer to 2in in overall lengh. I saw KD sells a Smartfire CR2 mini, but I have not heard anything about it.
Ugh, you should have held out, I have the P1D and I can't say I'm too happy with the twisty UI. If you can cancel the order, I'd go ahead and do it. Then pick up a dereelight C2H from flashlight connection. Jay will take good care of you, and the C2H far out performs the P1D (not to mention you can get in a lovely warm tint compared to the P1D).

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ugh, you should have held out, I have the P1D and I can't say I'm too happy with the twisty UI. If you can cancel the order, I'd go ahead and do it. Then pick up a dereelight C2H from flashlight connection. Jay will take good care of you, and the C2H far out performs the P1D (not to mention you can get in a lovely warm tint compared to the P1D).

The Dereelight seems to be closer to 3in light and for Keychain duty, the more 2in total lengh it is the better. Runtime is not important, since it's intended use will be under 1 min at a time.

LightScene

Enlightened
The Fenix LD01 (AAA) is: 7.35cm (L) x 1.4cm (D) | 2.9 in (L) x 0.6 in (D)
Outfitted with a 10440 battery it is brighter than 150 lumens. Costs less than $50. High quality.

ilLUMENati

Newly Enlightened
The Dereelight seems to be closer to 3in light and for Keychain duty, the more 2in total lengh it is the better. Runtime is not important, since it's intended use will be under 1 min at a time.
Comparing it side by side with my P1D it only seems about a quarter of an inch taller. A fair trade off considering it's power and simpler UI (no funky strobe and SOS functions to cycle through). Pardon me for being stubborn, but once you've lived with having to use both hands to cycle through countless superfluous modes on a key chain light, you WILL want a simpler UI.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

I just got a Zebralight CR123 Q5 and my GF confiscated it as keychain duty.

Now, I have to get her dad one too (keychain duty too). I want to impress him :whistle: So, I was thinking a CR123 or CR2 light that makes 150~200 Lumens will leave him amazed. Of course I am looking for something around the size of a Zebralight CR123 or smaller.

Please help, I need to make a good impression.:thumbsup:

bigchelis

P.S. I already know the Drake, Draco, Wee, and other custom jobs will do the job, but I want something less custom and under $100 dollars.:duh2:

Do you think he will like these choices of batts? I don`t think so. I bet he would be more impressed with a 4 pack of AA rechargables and a charger...maybe the EZ...or a 145 lumen D10 R-2. Or maybe a Fenix AAA model.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, my GF dad wants the same size light as a Zebra cr123 which about 2.2in in lengh. He wants it brighter, and not as tall as the Zebralight AA version.

I don't like multi-modes myself, but this a gift for someone and I am trying to get brownie points. So, I figure 2~2.5in light with 150 plus lumens will do. Now, how do I stick a MC-E in one of these tiny lights.:laughing:

Latest posts