HDS Systems        
Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 41444546474849505152535455565758 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1725

Thread: SureFire E-Series Addicts Unite!

Default Re: SureFire E-Series Addicts Unite!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric242 View Post
    Ever since Tana introduced his E-Series TripLED modification I really liked them more and more. Before that I considered them pretty cool but rather useless collectibles and used the Surefire 2cell lights like the L5 or C2 much more. Nowadays I never take the larger lights with me anymore.

You can click on the image for a larger resolution version.

Can you post some close up picture of the Aleph tailcaps with oveready clips? I did a similar thing with a Arisaka tailcap.

Nice lineup. Does the Aleph 19 also have a TripLED?.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Freeze View Post
    the tailcaps are rpm?
    Yes, these are RPM tailcaps: 5x natural, 1x black and 1x Ti (heat anodized to a pretty good match to Surefire´s HA....for Ti at least).

Quote Originally Posted by AndyF View Post
    Nice lineup. Does the Aleph 19 also have a TripLED?.
    The A19s are the only empty heads. The will end up with a Tana Aleph light engine later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by mk2rocco View Post
    Can you post some close up picture of the Aleph tailcaps with oveready clips? I did a similar thing with a Arisaka tailcap.
    Here´s a link to some pictures I posted about 2 1/2 years ago: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ready-MAC%B4s)

Eric
    Last edited by Eric242; 08-07-2016 at 10:30 AM.
    Move Through The Light .... With Caution
    My Collection.......... just click on me if interested

My newest addiction..

Or in a 16650 configuration:

wow the last one with the mdc 16650 body is beautiful.

Dang mk, not sure how I missed your post on that light. That thing looks awesome.
    Interested in Saltytri lights. Pm me!

Last edited by altermann; 10-05-2016 at 01:48 AM.

Flashaholic*

Default Oveready (TnC?) Custom Knurled E Series Shrouded Tailcap

This is the Oveready (TnC?) custom knurled e-series shrouded tailcap in titanium.

Incandescent Surefire E2e with Tad Customs e-series bi pin adaptor and 200 Lumen bulb (2x LiIon).

And here with my othe two lights. Surefire M4 Incan (Tad Customs bi pin adaptor) and Peak Eiger.

Hey SF E-Series Addicts, guys... what is a good alternative pocket clip for the E2D/E1D? I find the factory clip not so up to the job when clipped on thicker fabric like jeans.

My first one arrived today.

EB1c. Probably not my last "E"

Not bad at all.

Now I understand why you guys dig these so much.

Holy crap! You gotta be kidding me!!
    That's only 200 lumens?
    Last edited by bykfixer; 08-27-2017 at 01:18 AM.
    John 3:16

Hello fellow E series addicts.
    I came here for a vent basically. I just refrained from posting a rant in a sales thread.
    The story is that I keep seeing sales threads for E series mods, the incan head type, and every time I cringe at the unsealed heads that don't seat all the way down and bodies bored in a scary fashion that look like they'd break in half with a stiff breeze. Every time I see these sales posts it's the same thing, like driving past a car accident. Can't help but think this guy just keeps destroying discontinued great lights.
    Such a shame when there's guys out there, one in particular doing such great work with SF mods.
    End rant.

This also bothers me... Sometime I see them and like the specs but I just can't see it being useful to me if I can't use it outdoors.

F89, would you be more specific regarding your problems with E series lights? Which ones gave you a problem? Not trolling here?

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bullzeyebill View Post
    F89, would you be more specific regarding your problems with E series lights? Which ones gave you a problem? Not trolling here?

Bill
    Hi Bill,

I love SF, particularly E series. My problem was with certain sales threads of modded lights that to me are a destroyed light.
    I'm all for a well modded light but as I noted in my post above the mods in question aren't good. I think mk2rocco knows which posts I'm talking about?
    Anyway, didn't want to name and shame and on that note I'll name and fame instead, Tana is an excellent modder of SF who creates a product of high quality, durability, functionality and in the end really does justice to the transformed SF.
    To answer your question Bill, none of the offending modded lights gave me a problem personally as I wouldn't touch one with a 40 foot clown pole.

Yes, there are some in the Customs and modified section. Tana do do amazing work, I have 2 Oveready E-series triples that are also outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiessling View Post
    SF E3e with Turbo Head. Exterior is stock, interior modded by McGizmo

I've never seen this picture. The E-Series Turbo head is very very nice but the E3e is too long to my taste. Who made this prototype? Surefire? It is pity it never came into production.

An old E-type Rothandir 18650 body with Surefire head and tail, and Tad's or fivemega Bi-pin holder and incan bulb, more than enough for use outdoors a dark evening:

Last edited by labrat; 01-10-2017 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by labrat View Post
    An old E-type Rothandir 18650 body with Surefire head and tail, and...fivemega Bi-pin holder and incan bulb...
    I've got one of these too, currently with 2x18350 and a TL-3 bulb. With this setup, the brass contact plug was protruding too far to let the bezel screw all the way down, so I temporarily replaced it with a micro-wad of aluminum foil, which has enough 'give' to let me close the bezel gap. The grooves were just a little too 'slippery' for my taste, so I wrapped some skateboard tape around the body, which means that you want to think about which pockets you want to try to pocket carry this light with.

Unenlightened

Au Re: SureFire E-Series Addicts Unite!

Greetings, Gentlemen. Could you advise me, please, analogue to the tailcap SF Z61? I'm looking for black tailcap, similar to Z61 for e1d...
    Thanks!

I have a black lumens factory tail cap for my e1d and it works and looks great. You can get them in twisty or clicky but they look more like z41 instead of z61
    Granny shiftin not double clutchin like you should

Wanted: quark 18650 body and malkoff wildcat v5 5000k mtg2 head

This thread needs a bump.......

Quote Originally Posted by Eric242 View Post
    This thread needs a bump.......

Holy cow... you and Kelly are neck to neck with the amount of RPM's... Wild looking collection, broski...

I remember you having so many C2's... now it's all about E1E's...

Yes, the C2 was my long-time favourite.... until I gave one of your Triples a shot. After that it was all about the e-series..... Nowadways 18650/2x123 sized e-series lights with LuciDrv are my favourites.

Eric

dude, that is awesome!
    regards from Germany

Gunter .::TNT Enlightened::.

New favorite edc, lx2 body and 2 stage switch with malkoff e2 super throw head and 4.35v sanyo ur16650zta 2500mah. Very nice general use low mode thats aprox 20 or 30 lumens at 2kcd and a 650 lumen high at 15kcd. Kcd measurements are my own.

Last edited by Jose Marin; 08-29-2017 at 06:16 PM.
    Granny shiftin not double clutchin like you should

Wanted: quark 18650 body and malkoff wildcat v5 5000k mtg2 head

That's a nice setup.

Hey all. I have zero experience with surefire lights but want to know if the e2d incan heads will lego onto and work with Malkoff MDC aa bodies. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gurdygurds View Post
    Hey all. I have zero experience with surefire lights but want to know if the e2d incan heads will lego onto and work with Malkoff MDC aa bodies. Thanks!
    They will!

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Marin View Post
    New favorite edc, lx2 body and 2 stage switch with malkoff e2 super throw head and 4.35v sanyo ur16650zta 2500mah. Very nice general use low mode thats aprox 20 or 30 lumens at 2kcd and a 650 lumen high at 15kcd. Kcd measurements are my own.

Any info on runtime?

Christo Pull Hair Re: SureFire E-Series Addicts Unite!

Quote Originally Posted by F89 View Post
    Hello fellow E series addicts.
    I came here for a vent basically. I just refrained from posting a rant in a sales thread.
    The story is that I keep seeing sales threads for E series mods, the incan head type, and every time I cringe at the unsealed heads that don't seat all the way down and bodies bored in a scary fashion that look like they'd break in half with a stiff breeze. Every time I see these sales posts it's the same thing, like driving past a car accident. Can't help but think this guy just keeps destroying discontinued great lights.
    Such a shame when there's guys out there, one in particular doing such great work with SF mods.
    End rant.

Man I'm with you! How about the people destroying classic A2's by stuffing triples and whatnot in there? Honestly, an A2!?!? Why take out literally everything that makes an A2 such a great, iconic SureFire, to make it a triple LED baaah . I can't even look at them. Honestly I'd rather see an E-Series head destroyed, at least it's just the head. Unless of course they decide to bore the darn thing paper thin.....

Anyway with that rant over I shall now contribute to this thread. My newest build/lego:

Started out as a bare E2L-AA body picked up on here. Acquired a new long clip, tailcap, LF E-to-C adapter, SolarForce Head and just picked up an M31 that's in the mail to complete the build.

Unfortunately with the bezel up clip design and the bigger 6p sized head I don't see it being very pocket friendly. But, for some reason I've had it in my head to build this exact light for some time now (and spent well over a year slowly acquiring parts on the cheap). Should make an excellent emergency light running on both eneloops and when those run dry, alakaleaks if needed. Also tail stand-able is huge for emergency situations

Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 41444546474849505152535455565758 LastLast