Spiderfire Pressure Switch Help

Jimdo

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys,
I was curious is anyone has had any experience with these...
I like the look and design of this switch, but I am curious as to the quality of the product.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
sf-a029.jpg

Thanks in Advance,
- Jim

iWiLL

Newly Enlightened
In all the cheap pressure switches I tried so far the actual switch was made of 4 push button switches in parallel connection. Nothing like a real tape switch. This Spiderfire pressure switch looks like one of this kind.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's worse is those push button switches are not designed for high current...

Jimdo

Newly Enlightened
I thought that as well.....
The best 'cheap' pressure switch that I have handled is the Solarforce pressure switch.
I liked the idea of this having the constant on button on the back of the cap, but like you folks said.... if the P. switch part of it is as bad as what it appears to be I don't want to have anything to do with it.
Thanks for the input folks.
Any others out there had any "hands on" experience with these?

Jimdo

Newly Enlightened
Anyone one with hands on experience with these? I can't seem to find any info. in regards to 'em at all anywhere online.

Though.... I must say, my Gut Instinct tells me to Steer Clear of these.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Spiderfire one should be the same as the SolarForce, since most (if not all) of the SpiderFire products are made by SolarForce.

Compare their web sites, and there is an almost identical match in the product lines.

Jimdo

Newly Enlightened
Just by looking at the pressure switch , the "pressure" part looks much more like those el cheapo (extremely bad quality) Ultrafire P. Switches and I don't want to have anything to do with those, been down that road far too many times all ready.
If I could get the quality of a Solarforce on these it would be awesome. I was hoping that someone on here would have had some hands on exp. with 'em.

Jimdo

Newly Enlightened
Up for more views, maybe I will stumble upon someone who has handled one of these.
That person has to be out there somewhere....