Need a Nice Bright Flood

hivoltage

Enlightened
I have both the Dereelight DBS and the Raptor which are great throwers. Now I need a light with lots of flood to light up my whole front yard, and decent throw, about the same size and battery options as the Raptor and DBS and around the same cost. Whats my best bang for the buck on a floody beamer. Thanks!!!

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Solarforce L2 with MC-E drop-in lays down a really nice floody beam. But since there is so much output, the throw is still pretty workable.

Fenix L2D Turbo:
L2D_TURBO.jpg

MC-E Drop-in High:
MCE_HIGH.jpg

and outdoors against something with more throw

Solarforce R2 Drop-in:
2-r2.jpg

MC-E Drop-in High:
2-mce-high.jpg

jblackwood

Enlightened
I'm not familiar with the Solarlight L2 but I looked it up and it looks like it takes P60 size drop in, right? When Gene Malkoff was making his P60 size MC-E, I wondered what the hub bub was and decided to drop my MC-E Dereelight pill (which is usually in my DBS v.3), into my Dereelight CL1H, which had a Malkoff M60 in it so you know it's a P60 drop in. The size difference in the beam profile was pretty big. As you can imagine, bigger reflector, bigger beam. Since you're already familiar with the DBS, why not get another one with the MC-E and the specialized MC-E reflector? I hear those maximize the throw even more. I did notice there was terrible heat coming out of the CL1H after about 3 minutes. I run my DBS with an MC-E with no heat problems up until about 20 minutes. Everyone has different heat tolerances, though so it might not be an issue for you.

If you go the Deree route, don't forget there's a US dealer for Deree:
www.flashlightconnection.com
He's in California and ships VERY quickly and reliably. Jay will take care of you! Tell him John sent you!

Arthur D

Newly Enlightened
I'm in the same situation, and plan to drop in a MC-E with a 2x18650 extender tube for the Deree.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could get a Dereelight CL1H and swap the MC-E into it with the CL1H MC-E reflector. You can run it on 2xR123's, or put an extension tube on the CL1H and run 2x18650's.

hivoltage

Enlightened
You could get a Dereelight CL1H and swap the MC-E into it with the CL1H MC-E reflector. You can run it on 2xR123's, or put an extension tube on the CL1H and run 2x18650's.
I have both the DBS and the CL1H that I could transform since I just got a Raptor for throw. What all would I need for the DBS and CL1H to do that and where would I get the stuff?

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why dont you get the MCE pill and reflector for the DBS you already have? This way you would have a thrower and a flooder.

jblackwood

Enlightened
Why dont you get the MCE pill and reflector for the DBS you already have? This way you would have a thrower and a flooder.

Yeah, this suggestion is cheaper than mine, but not by much. I love having both the thrower and the flooder on me at once.