Surefire U2A body

Krzyshng

Newly Enlightened
I've reviewed most of the older posts that come up with the search function and I've seen a Leef body mentioned but cannot find them for sale anywhere. Ideally I'd like to get my hands on an original U2/KROMA body that fits the 18650 because I use the clip as my preferred method of carry in a pants cargo pocket, but it doesn't seem like many people are willing to give this up.

Wondering if anyone knows of any other bodies (either custom manufactured or another company's) that would fit the U2A head and tailcap allowing use of an 18650? I received this light as a gift and would like to use rechargables but I've read that RCR123s aren't recommended. I ran through the primaries it came with in about 2 weeks so that can add up rather quickly.

I did find this:
http://www.lighthound.com/FiveMega-C-Tail-C-Head-1x18650-or-2x123-Battery-Black-Finish_p_2827.html
but I am unsure of whether the U2 is considered a "C head" and its currently out of stock.

Also since most of the posts regarding this topic are from 2006, just for clarification there are 3 body types for the U2? The original, the modified one that just has a plastic insert which is removable, and the U2A which is just smaller in diameter?

I may just end up going with the 17670 if there aren't any other viable options. I'm also just thinking about getting another light altogether as the 40 bucks + shipping on the lighthound really isn't too far from the price of a nice Eagletac or Dereelight. But then again I'd just as soon not deal with the headache if my wife found out I wasn't using her $200 Surefire. I do like the UI and output on it and I'd probably never get anything nice from her again...

Please point me in the right direction if there are any other bodies out there. I know this topic has been covered to an extent in the past, just looking for some updated information.

Thanks.