Looking for a 2AA or 4AA flood Q4 to R2

Jaunedeau

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I am looking for a led light to offer to my father for birthday. Since we live in europe, I need a AA torch. Reading all bessie's reviews, the Akoray K-106 3-mode Q5 AA/14500 seems to be the almost perfect choice (good quality, good bang for the buck, good size thought bigger is not a problem). The perfect one would have :
-Forward clicky
-2 or 4AA, so combined with low self discharged, recharging is not an issue.

Does the perfect (for my father :) ) flashlight exist under in the $0-$60 pricerange, or should I buy one K-106 and find something in addition to it ?

Thanks you,
John.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
what does he need it for?

pocket carrying it everywhere? then 1aa is better option.

if its just around the house/yard dog walks etc then 2aa is more "right" choice.

does he need pocket clip?

does he need it to be simple to use? On-Off. or something rather simple like 2 mode light that changes to higher mode by twisting the head.

or does he have time and desire to learn and work with multiple modes or programming the light? my dad dont want them. "too much hassle"

lights to look for: for something built like tank, look at tk20. 2mode light. (twist head to gt to high mode) warm tint (looks more like incan tint.. so colors come out more "naturally" ..normal white leds do make things looks whiter/bluish)

something decent price and simple to use: eagletac p100a2. again 2mode via head twist, but with white led.

1aa: akoray is good value in my mind. but it has a bit bluish beam that i dont like much. it also needs some learning to do when you get it.. the programming part. (and i kinda think the clicky is too stiff to use) and it is not foward clicky. so no momentary

1aa fenix l1t is simple to use, (also available as l2t for 2aa model)

but again.. 1st think what is best for him.. what size, multimode or simple to use? used to incan lights or leds already? warm tint or cooler white? pocket clip?