2 stage Surefire 6P Tailcap?

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Tried searching, couldnt find what I was looking for. :)

Does anyone sell 2 stage Tailcaps (or just innards) for Surefire 6P's or G2's to use with Malkoff dropins?

:thanks:

cryhavok

Enlightened
I believe you can use a McE2S 2 stage for the E-series and swap the contact board with this one so it will work with C-series tailcaps.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
What Ohm resistor do I need to make a Malkoff M60 do a low of around 10 lumens?
OK, I think I can help here. The text below is from e-mails between myself and G.Malkoff:
  • Q: I am doing a two-stage tailcap mod with a C3 host running an M60 drop-in. Can you give me an _approximate approximate_ guess on the resulting output with 2x17500 if I add a 60 ohm resistor to the current path?
  • A: Probably about 15-20 lumens.
  • Q: [...] resulting outputs with 2x17500 if I add 120 ohm or 180 ohm resistors to the current path?
  • A: I honestly don't know. The best way to find out would be to get a few resistors and try it. I have tried the 60 ohm.
So good luck. A Milky Mod is currently in process for me with two SF Z41 tailcaps w/ McC2S at 60 ohms and 120 ohms, so this should at least be ballpark. I guess I'll see. I can PM you with any results, but it might be a while. If you'd like, PM me with a query to facilitate me replying. I intend on estimating lumens output with a fresh Streamlight SP / SL MS @ 20 lumens and a partially-depleted SL SP @ ~10-15 lumens or so, as they are nice little throwers which have somewhat similar beam profiles compared to my M60.
Good luck trying to get the parts kit though, they are officially discontinued. Intellectual property issues, I assume from SureFire.

Hope this helps,
K