The new Jetbeam Jet-I PRO v3.0 (now with runtime graphs)

wapkil

Enlightened
Hi all,

EDIT to add runtime graphs

I just finished my Jet-I runtime tests. The light was tested with different Li-Ion cells (AW's and old TrustFires) and different NiMH cells (LSD Eneloop and non-LSD high capacity Sanyo 2700):

The regulation of this light is really impressive. It looks like the efficacy is the same for all the output settings. The Jet-I is also able to deliver the advertised 45 minutes on high with an AW's cell and 126 minutes with a high capacity NiMH cell - 80% more than the 70 minutes given in the specification.

Note that with NiMHs the Med mode ("50%") brightness is around 70% of the High ("100%") brightness - no wonder that the difference is really hard to see. With Li-Ions the percentage names are much closer to the real output differences.

I also made the locator (beacon) mode test. After 61 hours I turned the light off, took out the Eneloop and discharged it. The battery had 1540mAh left. It is only an approximation but the Jet-I in the locator mode should thus run on an Eneloop at least 10-12 days. Quite nice :D

END EDIT

Today I received the (pictorial) description of changes in the new Jetbeam Jet-I v3.0. I think it wasn't posted yet. The most important:

and the summary:

The lights should be available with R2 and Q3 5A and with both OP and SMO reflectors.

Sounds good, doesn't it? :)

The full set of pictures is available here.

Last edited:

wapkil

Enlightened
Re: The new Jetbeam Jet-I PRO v3.0

Looks interesting, using either a single 123 or double AA's?

It's a single AA light so I think only one AA (of all the chemistries: NiMH, 14500 Li-Ion, lithium, etc.). Unless there are exchangeable body options that I haven't seen...

EDIT: Zeruel beat me to it :)

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's a single AA light so I think only one AA (of all the chemistries: NiMH, 14500 Li-Ion, lithium, etc.). Unless there are exchangeable body options that I haven't seen...

EDIT: Zeruel beat me to it :)

:nana:

:buddies:

Haz

Enlightened

Jetbeam sure knows how to make good looking lights, just hope that the actual runtime and output are consistent with the claimed specs.

Incidentalist

Enlightened

is that the same as the new one posted on bugoutgear?

Yes it is!

Flavio said SMO reflector only in the thread in the marketplace, and this is stating both are available. I am interested in one with the OP reflector. I hope Flavio gets them in stock with that option.

sj29

Newly Enlightened

Can someone tell me the diff between the smo and op reflectors....also does anyone have a comparison pic of the Jet I Pro w/IBS V3 compared to the AAquark and D10....just want to see size diff
Correct me if i'm wrong
-v3 is the best throwing AA
-no momemtary on func?? reverse clicky?
-do you have to cycle through the 4 modes?

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast

At 240 Lumens and 30% greater efficiency, it sounds like this could be the AA light many of us have been waiting for. I hope the specs are actual and not exaggerations. I like the SS at the at one end but would have loved to see the SS at both ends of the light. My EDC lights get chewed up at both ends.

Bill

Last edited:

wapkil

Enlightened

Can someone tell me the diff between the smo and op reflectors....also does anyone have a comparison pic of the Jet I Pro w/IBS V3 compared to the AAquark and D10....just want to see size diff
Correct me if i'm wrong
-v3 is the best throwing AA
-no momemtary on func?? reverse clicky?
-do you have to cycle through the 4 modes?

I don't think anyone was able to buy the new v3 version already. You may want to look at selfbuilt's review of jet-i pro ex v2.0 which includes also information about jet-i pro 2.0 (the version before 3.0 we are discussing here).

OP is an orange peel reflector SMO is a smooth reflector. OP is textured to make the beam more even (and smooth out the Cree-rings) at the expense of slightly reducing the throw.

The light has 3 modes (not 4) but if you want, you can e.g. program them to the same brightness to effectively get a single mode light.

DanManTX

Newly Enlightened

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Let the sickness begin::twothumbs I just placed an order through BugOutGear (yes, I used the discount code "cpfjet")

It only comes with SMO; You can add the OP for $8 extra. (of course, I ordered it)

This will be my first "real" light; Now on to my second one (Nitecore EZ AA) and possibly third one (I was looking at the new MG PLI MC-E from shiningbeam but it's not listed today... :sigh:)

-DanManTX

wapkil

Enlightened

At 240 Lumens and 30% greater efficiency, it sounds like this could be the AA light many of us have been waiting for. I hope the specs are actual and not exaggerations.

Same here. 240 torch lumens seems to be close to the best of what is practically achievable now. It would need ~1.2A at the LED to get it. I hope the light is able to cool itself down properly.

The runtimes AFAIK weren't released yet so I don't know what the 30% improvement exactly mean (30% longer runtimes than v2.0?).

sj29

Newly Enlightened

is the size of the new v3 jet1 about the same as the AAquark?? seems like this jetbeam would have a lot more output than the quark for only 10usd more?!....but i guess we can't be sure until someone has this light for a comparison.....

wapkil

Enlightened

is the size of the new v3 jet1 about the same as the AAquark?? seems like this jetbeam would have a lot more output than the quark for only 10usd more?!....but i guess we can't be sure until someone has this light for a comparison.....

The Jet-I size should be quite similar to the QAA. I think you should be able to find the exact numbers in many places. The lights are both AA not trying to be the absolutely smallest one.

I believe the maximum brightness is not the only important thing. The lights are different. The Jet-I may be brighter but the QAA will offer longer runtime in the moon mode. The Jet-I is programmable but the QAA has lower low. They have different LEDs, reflectors, bodies etc. Even when there are many reviews of both lights, it may still not be easy to decide between them. Fortunately you can always get both :grin2:

sj29

Newly Enlightened

I think I may just have to get both eventually:D....but for now I'm leaning towards the jetbeam for the output and great construction...not to say that the quark is inferior....but I think I like the smaller size and the increased output....I also feel like the 2 lumens will be low enough on the jet1....as for the nitecore I love the size/simplicity....but not sure about its output:candle:

Burgess

Flashaholic

Looks nice !

:twothumbs

Any hope for a 2xAA tube,

for those of us running Eneloops ?

:cool:

_

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

I hope the regulation holds up better than the new Rapture RRT 2. It also pushes 240 lumen but at a price. And this light will only have a 14500 750ma batt to work with rather than a 18650 2100ma batt. However this light could be adjust down a tad by the user...might improve things.

Last edited:

clintb

Enlightened

I've been waiting for this! Well, I was going to get the v2.0, but held out, and I'm glad I did!

Bought the R2 and OP reflector. Can't wait!