Your Most Versatile Light

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
The title says it all. Mine would be my Solarforce L2 with a Dereelight 3sm pill with a Cree Q4 5B Led. I'm also using a Surefire flip up beam diffuser on it. So in actual use I have a 6 mode light. High/med/low spot and high/med/low flood. The color tint is spectacular also. What are you using?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
That would have to be my Proton Pro because of its capabilities. A very close second, though, would be my latest, the LiteFlux LF2XT. All the goodies of the 3XT plus AAA size, warm tint, and an "off" timer.

Geoff

rigormootis

Newly Enlightened
Probably my Fenix L0D or Surefire C3 w/ Derelight P60w (3-stage). Two totally different lights, but they get the most use.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lunasol 20 for my everyday uses. I find the ability to have a low flood or a high throwy beam to be very versatile. In addition, the piston makes activating it in different hand positions very simple.

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
any of my three LiteFlux lights: LF3XT, LF2XT, and lastly LF5XT, and my Milky modified E1B Creemator (using a 2xCR123A body) and a special, perhaps "one off", Milky modified E1B Creemator "Scout" (running off of 1xCR123A with five light levels and a "Theater" UI in place of the normal Tactical UI found in most "Creemators"). both "Milky's" have multiple light levels, two UI's each, and "Miser" mode.

i've included the single UI LF5XT because, even though it lacks the CUI that the other two LiteFlux lights possess, it does run off of the most readily available battery power source, viz. AA alkaline cells. hence, when out and about for extended periods of time, it is easy to locate and purchase new cells.

Last edited:

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dont know if this would be versatile but mine would be my ITP C9 with C7, and C8 body tubes. Versatility would be the cells used--cr123, single AA, and double AA's.

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
Nitecore D10 is my main EDC, but my Lummi Wee lives on my neck and is used more than any other light I have.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore EX-10 Q5

- Damn small, although not the smallest, but overall, i doubt anything can match its versatility @ that size. Yes, it's my EDC light on my keychain.

- Very low lows, yet respectively high highs and everything in between

- Quick access to min & max, the most often used settings (min for night light and max the rest, unless i wanna conserve battery power)

- Has useful spill size yet its throw isn't too bad (due to use of Q5). Strong enough to throw across my street (about 30-40 metres) and be able to recognise someone.

- Extremely good regulation on all levels with both CR123A and 16340
(IMO, Fenix's P1D Q5 is almost able to match the EX-10, its Achilles heels is however, there is NO 'low' mode on 16340 ' WTF?!!!!!! Whoever designed this should really feel embarrassed)

- Its Push button and twist operate

- One major complaint is runtime, 1hr< on max is pushing it a bit...

Maybe the LF3XT can match it in terms of versatility, but its runtimes are worse possibly due to complex programmable features.
Although its head is sealed, i.e. Russtang can't make a Ti body for it !! =(

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix PD30 good low to very bright turbo with nice size for holster or pocket. All around great utility light. Very nice bright flood without really effecting throw.

juplin

Enlightened
LF2XT twins are my most versatile lights.
Besides all merits and versatility of LF2XT, the interchangeable customized head with lens optics has perfect flood for indoor use and reading.
Lens_Reflector_S.jpg

Yapo

Enlightened
+1 on Proton Pro for its small size, pocket clip and the wide range of output and hidden/out of the way modes. (my current EDC)

...and my Led Lenser P5 for its throw + flood in a compact size. always bring it with me when i expect to need some more throw.

Ideally both lights in 1 would be the most versatile light for me.

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find my LunaSol 27 to be rather versatile. Flood for close up, Cree for everything else.

-Mayo

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
LF2XT twins are my most versatile lights.
Besides all merits and versatility of LF2XT, the interchangeable customized head with lens optics has perfect flood for indoor use and reading.
Lens_Reflector_S.jpg

Please explain! Why does one have a smooth head? Different clip? The knurled head and wire clip are normal...where did the others come from?