Votes: 31 38.3%
  • Warm Tint

Votes: 37 45.7%
  • Both

Votes: 13 16.0%

• Total voters

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one now and one on preorder, both regular tint. I chose the regular tint because I thought the warm tint would be much dimmer on Moonmode and the warm tint looks brown in the photos I've seen.

So, which Quark light will you get, regular, warm, or both?.

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
Ima go with regular, because it'll pack more lumens =]

and by the time i save up for a quarks, i bet the neutral tints will be sold out...

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buying one for my father to replace his 3AAA Coast LED Lenser that he refuses to stop carrying.

He prefers cooler tints to warm :thinking:

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buying one for my father to replace his 3AAA Coast LED Lenser that he refuses to stop carrying.

He prefers cooler tints to warm :thinking:

Are you getting him a single cell or double cell? I think most people prefer to carry single cell lights. Myself, I carry both, but I carry single cells more often.

The regular tint of my Quark 2xAA seems warmer than my other lights, even my Fenix L2T V2 with Rebel LED and has just as smooth a beam.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do as well.

I think it is simply because the cool tints give the impression of producing more light than the warmer ones.

I read somewhere that the Q3 5A neutral whites have about 30% less output than the cool white R2 bin's.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read somewhere that the Q3 5A neutral whites have about 30% less output than the cool white R2 bin's.

Probably only 20% since it isn't Q4.

But if that light is of a higher quality, and this is of import to you, then you really don't have a choice but to purchase a neutral-white.

Last edited:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of each now and I usually prefer the cool tint but the neutral tint is very nice and I cannot really tell a drop in output with the neutral.

Some have described it as almost brown and at first I though so to but after looking at it for awhile I think it just appears brown because I'm so use to cool tints.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
honestly, Warm Tints on low are kind of "brown" but i still like that they are garunteed to be warm instead of regular tints where youre not entirely sure if it will be on the warm side or the cool side.

Crenshaw

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've bought a couple of "warm tint" lights and while the warmth is nice in color, they both tend to take a back seat to my other lights in brightness and contrast. At this point, I'm leaning more toward the neutral white, higher output emitters myself. I just like the higher output and punchy contrast they offer.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just don`t know...if the output were the same I would go with the warm tint every time. But I hate to loose lumen. The warm tint is a limited run...so maybe they will have a higher resale value...but I usually gift my lights at Christmas. :thinking:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't cast a vote yet... I'll likely buy both: one neutral white 18650 model and one cool white tactical model. But until they are available for purchase it is a moot point.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Does anyone know the Tint

on the Cool White emitters ?

:candle:

_

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Already have a regular tint 123 + 1AA body...it's pretty neutral/warm as it is, in fact, it has a better tint than any of my Fenix lights. The only light(s) I have with a similar tint, are my Malkoff M60Ls, and I've always loved that tint and wished my Fenixes had it.

So, I really don't have the need, nor the justification for the expense of getting another one, just for the warmer tint. :broke:

Zarniwoop

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a Quark AA and a couple 14500's. I didn't want to wait for the warm tint run, and people are saying that the tint is warmer at the lower outputs anyway. I voted "Both", but in reality I will wait to see how reviews go on the warm run, plus my own opinion on how the tint of the Quark AA is, to determine if I'll order a warm one.

I've been carrying a Fenix L2D Premium Black, with the RB100 head, for about a year now. The RB100 is a very warm "natural-light" tint IMO. I've never had any problems with mine, although they had to sort of "recall" that head due to some reliability issues. If anyone wants my Fenix I suppose I might part with it, but I honestly have no issue with it other than that the Low isn't as Low as I like in some situations.

I'll compare the RB100 and Quark AA with some beam shots when my Quark AA arrives this week. I've never done any beam shot pics but I'll try and make them worthy of CPF :)

I have the extra 1xAA body for my Fenix, but my L2D came with the 2xAA size belt-holster, and since the 2xAA gives the best Turbo output with regular AA's, that's how I've nearly always used it. I've never really had an issue with wearing the 2xAA size. I usually just use it on low or medium, but when I need Turbo mode I really need all the output I can get. The Low on the Fenix just isn't low enough when I'm indoors at night or out camping in the trailer or a tent.

The Quark has the clip, and so I might not even need to use the holster. The HDS EDC60 was always one of my "wishlist" flashlights, but I could never justify the cost, but I've still had the notion that I could just wear a "clip-light" without a holster. I'd hate to have it fall off and get lost though. Also, I figured I could always order the 2xAA body later if I needed to go that route, but with the 14500 I won't even need the 2xAA.