3 Hours 200 Lumins

jawnn

Enlightened
Is there a short flash light that will run for 3 hours at about 200 lumins?:thinking:

This tourch looks good, but not enough run time....maybe an external battery would work but not desirable.
UltraFire TH-1300L 7*SSC U2 3-Mode 1300-Lumen LED Flashlight (3*18650)

Last edited:

MiniLux

Newly Enlightened
Is there a short flash light that will run for 3 hours at about 200 lumins?:thinking:

This tourch looks good, but not enough run time....maybe an external battery would work but not desirable.

EagleTac T100C2 :)

With an AW 18650 2600mAH cell it'll run well regulated at about 249 lumens for over 3:00 hours:
http://www.light-reviews.com/eagletac_t100c2/
http://light-reviews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=122
http://light-reviews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=513

MiniLux

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast

With an AW 18650 2600mAH cell it'll run well regulated at about 249 lumens for over 3:00 hours:

MiniLux

+1. AFAIK it's the only flashlight that has been proven able do so with an 18650, although it does require some of the best batteries around to do so. (you can still get well over 2 hours with other batteries)

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
I doubt the T100C2 is really making 249 Lumens; whatever Mev used over at light-reviews to get that value must not be calibrated properly. The T10C2 apparently has about 258 OTF, and it is advertised at 295. Therefore, I would expect the T100C2 to be just about 200 lumens.

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
Get the Eagletac M2XC4 or the Fenix TK40. Much more than 200 lumens at 3 hours.

I agree. Get the Fenix if you don't mind dealing with keeping at least 8 and preferrably 16 or more AA batteries recharged. Get the Eagletac if you are willing to use liithium 18650's. Not only will these do 200+ lumens for 3 hours, they will also go up to 700-900 lumens if necessary.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
200 lumen + 3 hours

for 200 lumen the led needs at least 900 mA (lets calc with 1 A):
makes: NO single cell light!

Get a Jetbeam and program Your max at a current draw of ~700-800 mA.
Then a high chance any good 18650 cell might give those 3 hours.
Or get a 2-celled light. Two 18500s might be an idea - if You find a light, or course :(

PS:
1st: I do not believe anything considerably over 200 lm from a single die led
2nd: I do not believe 3 hours at over 200 from an 18650
3rd: I do not believe something considerably over 2300 mAh from an 18650
thats SF, at least in present times

(but in future, such powerful lights might even be banned for silly reasons, so not even SF could be an answer)

BlakesHitch

Newly Enlightened
My EagleTac T100C2 will not work with the AW 2600 mah batteries because the batteries are flat top. However, with the AW 2200 mah button-top battery I get around 2.5 hours in the T100C2 on High before it begins to dim.

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I am not aware of any.... that have legitimately been tested:

1- With a calibrated sphere
2- Over the duration of the cell charge
3- Without extensive external cooling

Last edited:

Nicko

Newly Enlightened

I recently bought a UltraFire TH-1300L 7*SSC U2 3-Mode 1300-Lumen SKU 20233. Astonishingly bright and good thermal dissipation - largely due to huge heatsink capability and finning. The twisty/button switch is not best as takes two hands to operate - but is bearable. Do have some concerns that the LEDs themselves appear to be getting a whitsih haze over their lenses.

HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS BEFORE?

Cheers

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast

MiniLux

That homemade sphere is way way off. The surefire U2 numbers easily give that away. There's no U2 or U2A ever made and that is stock that has ever tested over 120lm nor have I seen it in real life. That chart is putting it at 158 and 198lm. That's not possible.

To the above post. The slight haze in the LED is normal as that's just how the domes are on SSC P4s. They aren't 100% clear.

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
That homemade sphere is way way off. The surefire U2 numbers easily give that away. There's no U2 or U2A ever made and that is stock that has ever tested over 120lm nor have I seen it in real life. That chart is putting it at 158 and 198lm. That's not possible. ....

x2... Garys (mrGman) sphere readings are the only ones I trust/value. He actually fixtures the light between some foam padding, so it almost traps heat, without an over-abundance of cool air to cool the lights. So (IMHO) his measurement serves as a worst-case scenario.

Splunk_Au

Enlightened
That homemade sphere is way way off. The surefire U2 numbers easily give that away. There's no U2 or U2A ever made and that is stock that has ever tested over 120lm nor have I seen it in real life. That chart is putting it at 158 and 198lm. That's not possible.

To the above post. The slight haze in the LED is normal as that's just how the domes are on SSC P4s. They aren't 100% clear.

How do you know it's homemade? Have you even seen it?

Also, if the E2DL advertised as 120 lumen tested 210 lumens by MrGman, why is it impossible for the U2A advertised as 100 lumen to be 198 lumen (both on CR123's)?

Last edited:

xenonk

Enlightened
Lermite already tested run time on this one and got 3.5 hours on low with 2400mAh Trustfires, and low on that thing should still meet your brightness requirement as it's drawing around 2 amps to feed some U2 bin P4s.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems like tabore just made those comments without bassis huh?

You really shouldn't make such statements to mislead newbies.

Is it seriously that hard to get my username right?

Did you read the thread? Clearly he stated it was made by a friend, no statement of Calibration and yes I saw the picture of it when it was posted last year. Were you the one who put it together and calibrated it? If you were and it's in line ANSI standards I'll eat some humble pie if not I'll be skeptical. Members there even mentioned that the coating used is not what commercial IS are using it's more reflective.

It's not only the U2 lumen readings that show it's reading on the high side. There's a few other lights that are reading higher than I've seen. I really can't comment on how Surefire rates their new lights, it's all over the place sometimes and it changes from year to year. But I know that the old LuxV couldn't produce that kind of output and with the runtime on U2A's tested it's also not possible. The L4 is another one that's on the high side. Those values aren't hugely off but it's outside a decent margin of error (more than a single digit %).

You shouldn't trust everything you read on the internet.

I also have my reserves about Mr.Gman's IS. It seems to be reading slightly higher for LED lights (When I say slight I mean it's like a % off). I use it as ballpark figures and not the end all be all to justify a purchase. From what I know IS need calibration from time to time and in certain cases need different calibration profiles depending on the source tested. I believe Surefire ran in to this problem when they first started using LED in lights. I believe they said LEDs were reading higher than they should be but incan's were testing properly.

Last edited:

Splunk_Au

Enlightened
But I know that the old LuxV couldn't produce that kind of output and with the runtime on U2A's tested it's also not possible. The L4 is another one that's on the high side.

Sorry for the nick typo btw.
The U2A and L4 shown in that chart are the ones with SSC P4, not LuxV.