CARF Approved flashlights needed

passive101

Enlightened
I have an acquaintance who needs 3 flashlights that are CARF approved. http://www.carf.org/

He is inquiring about plug in flashlights specifically, but are there some LI ION's as well that are like this? I've never heard of CARF before and a google search didn't find any.

SilentK

Enlightened
Is carf like some kind of health care faciltity? why would he need a light that is approved by them? sterile issues? :shrug: By plug in, and li-ion, i would think that the closest thing to that would be a charging cradle.

passive101

Enlightened
Yes this is for a rehabilitation clinic and dealing with disabled & special needs people.

I guess it doesn't even need to be Li Ion, but something that will match their criteria (whatever it may be) would be a good start :D

SilentK

Enlightened
I guess it doesn't even need to be Li Ion, but something that will match their criteria (whatever it may be) would be a good start :D

i would try one of the pelican rechargables. such as the 7060. i have no idea what their criteria is, but we have to start somewhere. :) If he needs a strile light, i would see if it would be okay if it was steam cleaned or something like that.

passive101

Enlightened
Keeping it economical as well is a good thing for her to make him think she's more important or something.

He said he would be checked monthly to see if it works so I'm assuming they would be very rarely ever used and they only want them for code.

Last edited:

SilentK

Enlightened
If it were a bureau instead of a commission, would it then be called BARF?

Ha, nice one. I think they might as well go and pick up some mag-lites from the nearest walmart. i mean really, once a month usage, and i doubt they would want to pay for high end lights.

Mdinana

Enlightened
I'd tend to agree. I've been in health care for 10 years, never heard of them. I doubt they "approve" of flashlights. Maybe JCAHO does, and I'm sure OSHA has things to say, but every light i've seen in hospitals and SNF's have been cheap Energizer 2-D types.

passive101

Enlightened
Who makes cheap plug in flashlights? running non LI Ions or not shutting off a charger now a days would be highly un-economical and unnecessary. Which is probably why my local Walmart, Lowe's, and Home Depot don't have any anymore.

Inova and such is to expensive for what he's looking for I think.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Energizer makes a wall charging/mounted NiMh powered flashlight... personally if this light HAS to be approved contact the Commission (whoever they are) directly :thumbsup: