whats the max possible lumens from a 6D mag on alkalines?

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
malkoff sais his p-7 dropin doesnt like alkalines?

"Note This Dropin Requires a Minimum of 5.5v at 2000 mah Input For Full Output! 6v Input is Recommended. Alkaline Batteries Will Not Provide Full Output. "

but my math sais 6 x 1.2 = 7.2 so it should be ok?

i want an alkaline run 6D maglight that is as bright as possible (400-700 lumens) (mc-e or p-7 ?)

how?

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
The problem isn't that there aren't enough cells, its that they alkalines probably can't stand up to the load very well. Additionally, they don't hold their voltage very long at all, so you will quickly end up with less voltage.

sooqing

Newly Enlightened
i am puzzled why maglite uses measurement like peak candlelight beam but not lumen? whats the difference?

Roland

Newly Enlightened
malkoff sais his p-7 dropin doesnt like alkalines?

"Note This Dropin Requires a Minimum of 5.5v at 2000 mah Input For Full Output! 6v Input is Recommended. Alkaline Batteries Will Not Provide Full Output. "

but my math sais 6 x 1.2 = 7.2 so it should be ok?

i want an alkaline run 6D maglight that is as bright as possible (400-700 lumens) (mc-e or p-7 ?)

how?
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/199752

If the p7/mce dropin has no electronics it should be able to run fine for 400+ lumens easily for over 2 hours on 6D alkalines.
P7 uses electronics however since it is a 3,6 volt led and I do not know if the electronics shut off the light at some point (to prevent draining rechargeable batteries too much).

mce can be wired for 7,2 volt/ 1,4 amps without electronics.

Easiest is to ask wayne=elektrolumens on CPF marketplace to build you a 1 mce dropin with a low vf and no resistor wired for 7,2 volt / 6 alkalines.