Concensus charger and battery solution for 18650?

medicjim

Newly Enlightened
Is there any concensus around what charger and battery combo to puchase to drive a flashligh setup for one 18650 or two cr123 batteries? I'm a bit of a noob and just placed my order for an EagleTac T100C2. I get the whole concern about rate of discharge with the lithium rechargeables, but cannot make heads or tails of all this talk around different options.
For now, I plan to drive this light with primaries, but even that decision has become complex...the surefire batteries seem to be twice the price of other batteries and I cannot begin to fsathom why.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Pila IBC charger ~ Top of the line, not cheap; but worth the cost.

AW 18650 cells ~ Extremely reliable.

You can find the IBC at BugOutGear.com

The AW cells can be found in the CPF MarketPlace and on Lighthound.com

The Ultrafire WF-139 is a good, basic, no-frills charger. Works well. But you have to keep an eye on it. (Don't leave your cells charging over-night while you sleep). You can find it at Lighthound.com as well.

mdocod

Flashaholic
Hi medicjim,

Great choice of new flashlight! I've been hearing great things about that light!

AW 18650s and a Pila IBC. Spend the bucks now and do it right. You'll probably wind up expanding your use of the IBC over the years as you expand your collection of flashlights and cells anyways, it will pay for itself many times over compared to using primary cells if you use flashlights a lot.

GreyShark

Enlightened
I have used my Pila IBC on everything from 16340's up to 26700's and it works great! You can even get a car adapter to stay topped up if you're on the road or if the power goes out.

Latest posts