Wolf Eyes Angel A replaces Nitecore Extreme as belt carried EDC

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
After confirming and reconfirming that annoying flicker :shakehead my Extreme has on high, and after losing the clip, I am switching to my WE Angel A on a 14500. It seems brighter than the Extreme on high. I will miss the strobe occasionally; yet facts are facts and that flicker stinks.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
During day one I soon learned that HIGH on 14500 means less than 15 minutes of power :sick2: before total darkness. Fortunately I had a spare AA.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
What did your NEX do exactly?

You may have a look on this thread :

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/229918

As mine is brandnew, I will return it immediately. Sometimes it just quits working when switching on high, sometimes it flickers. I cleaned everything several times, same result.

I am not sure if the problem really is an electronic one, I realized that the whole thing where the battery makes contact in the heads can be pressed down and that it turns. When I turn it with a plier a quarter of a tour, the light may work normally 10 to 20 times until it begins to flicker again. There may be a bad contact somewhere inside the head, I suppose that whole thing turns when you change modes.

I like the light though, I hope I can get the same back, GDP and ss bezel! :candle:

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
The clip fell off and it flickers on high and sometimes will not run at a lower level.
Be glad if you can get a Golden Dragon I ordered mine too long ago.