My 1st post need a little help on tail switch

JayMax

Newly Enlightened
First of all thanks to everyone for all the great info on this forum!

I need a little help I'm adding 2 lights to the collection for mounting on a shotgun and rifle and after some reading I'm looking at a Solarforce L2 R2 http://www.solarforcestore.com/servlet/the-1028/18650-FLASHLIGHT/Detail
(I would like a Olight M20 but need to keep the cost down) the only thing that does not work is the reverse clicky I have a old SF 6P Original and would like to have the same type of tail switch (press for momentary on twist for constant on) but a SF tail switch is $40 2nd choice would be a Solarforce forward clicky L2-S3 but this may not work because from the looks of it the switch travel is short and it may click into constant on to easily. I have a EagleTac P100A2 and this type of clicky would be fine (long travel and good resistance before the click)

Long story short:
  1. is there a low cost option for SF 6P type tail switch for a Solarforce L2? or an EagleTac P100A2 type tail switch?
  2. Are there better light options that would fit this application keeping in mind I want the battery to be suspended by springs front and back to deal with recoil and would like to keep cost close to $50 or less.
Maybe I just need to spend more?

jake25

Enlightened
One thing I can tell you is that I have recommended Solarforce to work on the L2-S3 and L2-S4 tailcaps for the future to be more resistant so the button feels firmer.

Last edited: