Miss the good old days

pfmedic

Newly Enlightened
I havent been on here in a while but I bought a new gun. It is only natural that I would then log on here looking for a new light. :grin2:

As I looked around and subsequently navigated away to a few large dealer webpages, I began to realize that many of my favorite companies, such as Fenix, have moved out of the realm of simplicity and complicated the hell out of their lights... which leads me to the topic of my post:

I miss the good old days of the simple on-off switch. When I click it, I want it on and bright, when I click it again, I want it to go off... AND I DONT WANT IT TO DO ANYTHING ELSE. :shakehead

I looked for a fenix L1P online and found one shady store with no phone number. My inova T3 still works as good as the day I bought it and it fuctions with a simple on-off switch. Thats all I need. I used to have one of these L1P lights but it was stolen by my ex roommate.:ohgeez:Unfortunately she was way too attractive to make a big deal about it at the time.

ANYWAY I digress...since I realize that change is inevitable and Im just blowing alot of hot air here, I was wondering if anyone has an old simple fenix L1P that they could sell and mail me... so I can pretend that "Keep-It-Simple-Stupid" still exists. Dont really care if its beat up... but I would prefer black.

Thanks

Paul

:wave:

Marduke

Flashaholic
You would probably like the Fenix L1T V2.0

It's simple on-off with a two position head. Whichever position you leave the head in, the light operates as single mode.

Rexlion

Enlightened
Most of the Romisens have single stage clicky, plenty simple, plenty bright, and easy on the pocketbook. Shiningbeam has a good inventory here in the US.

Nightstalker1993

Newly Enlightened
EagleTac P100C2 or T100C2 for you? :D

only thing is that its a dual-cell light, unlike the l1t. but it does have the dead-simple user interface lol...

or maybe you can try the T10C. normal forward clicky. tighten head for 220 lumens, loosen head for 60 lumens :D

Last edited:

Melven

Newly Enlightened
EagleTac P100C or T100C for you? :D

A second vote for either of the above - you don't have to ever twist the head, you can just leave it on high and then use the clicky for simple on or off. It is MUCH brighter than an L1P.

Burgess

Flashaholic
The brand-new Quark tactical flashlights. :thumbsup:

Program both modes to be the same, if you insist.

Simple operation, just like you are seeking.

Just click-on and click-off.

_

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you looked at the TK11? the switch is just a switch and the 2 modes (both of them real bright) are selected by twisting...

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
The problem with the L1P is it is about 1/2 as efficent as the modern emitters.

I'm sure if you post a WTB over at CPFMP there somebody will be glad to get rid of some old tec. PS The sales department has moved to a seperate forum, you may need to register.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I second the Malkoff!!!

Get a MD2 and an M60L and you'll have a bulletproof, bright long running flashlight that is either off, or on.

Or go for the Quark Tactical and program it once, and forget about the other modes.

Can't go wrong either way. :twothumbs

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I won't own any lights with click through modes on them anymore.

I always hated the idea of modes and other features like this. I've bought a few of them to try and get to like it. I just cannot like it no matter how hard I try. They always start on the wrong mode. Or switch modes by accident while you are clicking them on and off. It's SO ANNOYING. I had a light that had battery protection circuit built into the light and it went out on me just as I started going down a flight of stairs. Happened at other "inconvenient" times as well. I've never had a bulb burn out on me at such stupid times and so often. I've actually never burnt a Surefire bulb out ever (when driven at rated voltage). I just want a light that clicks on and off too.

Last edited: