new G2L-FYL, and G3L-FYL

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
I searched on CPF for these lights but came up with nothing so i thought i'd post to share,

these are pretty neat, designed for firefighters and search and rescuse type..

The only thing that intested me was their difusser lens...i wonder waht this lens combined with a Malkoff m60 would look like...close to a m60F?

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
Re: new G2L-FYL, and G3L - FYL

yea, its not misleading any more...

i remeber when the first p60L came out, i was like " what !? 80 lumens for 11-12 hrs?!?!?!?"

i was gonna buy like 10 of them LOL but the found out its not the case...

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast

SCHWEEEETTTT...I have some white reflective tape...time to add some "bling" to my G2 tonight :twothumbs. Nice find, OP!

Kestrel

Flashaholic

Whoa, clickies! First time ever on a nitrolon light. Interesting tailcap treatment on the G2L-FYL.
Edit: Fluorescent lanyard, cool.:huh:

Last edited:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just ordered some SOLAS tape on Ebay, gonna do the same to my yellow G2 with Malkoff(s). cool idea! :)

Hope the solas works out for ya...never seen it...is it the rainbowy/honey comb reflective tape?

I did the white checkered pattern on my G2-BK, and it looks pretty nice...pic's to come...and then i did the same thing on the AN-14 with red reflective tape...not so nice...so I removed the red on the AN14, left it black, and kept the white on the G2, with white lines around the circumference on the tail-cap and the bottom of AN14...I also added GITD squares (2=Pos/1=Neg)to my B65's to help distinguish the pos/neg terminals in the dark :grin2:

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

Look at the larger image of the not in hand shot.

Notice that the body is now a smoother Nitrolon so the stickers will hang on better.
A thoughtful touch don't you think, except that it might be a tiny bit more slippery now.

Somebody didn't do such a hot job with the sticker placement.
A little bit off but not too bad except the tailcap sticker looks like it got torn.

They also jacked up the bezel ring putting the diffused lens in!
yellowlaugh.gif

Maybe they'll decide to not glue the MF'ers in there so well eh'?

Now it doesn't say on the site but I bet the tailcap is Al and not Nitrolon.
If it was Nitrolon that would be really nice to see that they can pull it off but from the looks of it the finish matches the bezel too well for it to be Nitrolon.

Speaking of the bezel, is that a slightly matte HA-BK I see there?!!
One can hope that the bezel and the tailcap are both HA-BK! That would really be nice wouldn't it.

I like the light overall and I'll just have to get one. The revised runtime makes me respect Surefire more now. The former P60L specs were a travesty.

THE BEST PART?
Now I can finally piece together an all yellow G3!

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

unless they somehow engineer a way to mount it on a firefighting helmet, it cant be taken very seriously as a firefighting light.

Hmmm, i wonder when surefire will release some lights that they already announced.

Crenshaw

Last edited:

GreySave

Enlightened

I just spoke with a SureFire Rep, and according to her the "Diffuser Kit" is three seperate reflectors that can be installed to change the shape of the beam, not just an added difffuser lens over the exterior. This is not verified beyond her comments of course.

While not exactly an A2-LED, being able to tweak the beam as needed is an interesting concept. I have an older Huntlight that has multiple reflectors (One for best throw and one to clean up the beam) so it is certainly not a new idea. Really tempting to acquire and see how well they did or did not do with it.

Last edited:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast

unless they somehow engineer a way to mount it on a firefighting helmet, it cant be taken very seriously as a firefighting light.

Hmmm, i wonder when surefire will release some lights that they already announced.

Crenshaw

SF does make a firefighter helmet mount for the G/C/P series lights, the M15, but it's available from multiple web-sites and can be ordered directly from SF if I'm not mistaken. Hope this helps! Here's a link to it on BHP's site.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/524201-REG/Surefire_M15_Fire_Fighter_Helmet_Mount.html

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

WoW that was really fast!
Surefire just sent me a shipping notice and a tracking number. :party:

This is so much better than knowing it is coming eventually and waiting months for it.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here's the pic's of my blinged out G2R-BK...

Next to "My M4" for size comparision
HPIM0692.jpg

HPIM0691.jpg

Sure is! Supposed to be the best there is... We'll see. :devil:

Police Scanner Man...that type works good in solid strips, but when cut down, the top layer easily peels off, and the whole piece becomes funky real quick...PM me your addy, and I'll send ya a strip of the solid metallic (white) reflective tape...and in keeping with the generous atmosphere of CPF, since I know how hard that type of reflective tape is too find, the next four that PM me will get a strip mailed to them...FREE...(conus only)...the strips are 2" x 6", (enough for 3 lights???), and I find if the squares are cut too 3/16" x 3/8", they seem to fit the squares on the G-series light perfectly. So, PM me your addy, and "bling" your G2/G3 out! Just want to repay my fellow CPF'ers that have been kind in return! oh, and post a pic once it's blinged out!:party:

Sarge, details of the reflector system when ya get it, please? Not sure how you can swap the reflector of a P60L, so I'd be interested to see how it's set-up...come on Christmas...

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

I will be sure to let you know! The day of arrival is Tuesday. :D
Tuesday.
Gotten you 3 PM's yet? LOL if not put me down for a bit O flashy tape. :twothumbs

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast

I will be sure to let you know! The day of arrival is Tuesday. :D
Tuesday.
Gotten you 3 PM's yet? LOL if not put me down for a bit O flashy tape. :twothumbs

Got yours Sarge, 3 still left...can't wait to see what the optics/reflector look like...I'd also like to see if it's a different shade of yellow compared to the regular G2-YL...I always wanted a yellow G2, but wanted one that "glowed a little better" under UV light...easier to find.