Nedd abvice for the dorky looking headlamls.

SHINER

Newly Enlightened
Am looking for A good headlamp under the 70.00 dollar range.
Will be using for night fishing.Will need one with regular bulb and also with leds.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

SHINER

Newly Enlightened
Should have checked spelling.duh.
Need advice on headlamps.yea!

jtice

Flashaholic
Here are a few I looked up for you. Keep in mind, I dont know much about them, or if they are any good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pelican Headsup
Streamlight Trident Green
Streamlight Trident White
Pelican Headsup 2
Princeton Matrix

Hope that helped alittle.

If you want the BEST... you will need to dish out the extra $$$$ and by a Petzl Duo, ,, , and then buy the optional led module to put in it. But it is very pricy all together, and Im not sure how much better it would be, my just be paying for the Name.

jtice

Flashaholic
Oh... you could always do what I end up doing alot.....
Buy 2 MiniMags, and get the headstrap for them. I sewed on a second loop for a second light on the other side of my head. And I convert one of the Mags to led. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Only bad thing is,,, you cant adjust and point them like a regular headlamp.

But, I sometimes take my cheap Rayovac headlamp, and attach a converted Led mag to it.

SteveD

Newly Enlightened
Please take a good look at the Black Diamond models, available at REI or the like. Some of them have regulation on the incan, and all are under (perhaps by a few pennies) $70.

I'm itching to buy one...

I can't remember the names, but they do have one for about $40 that had both incan and led, it had several levels of replacement lamps for different brightnesses and run times, and it didn't look quite as dorky as the rest. That one didn't have regulation, but at that money regulation's pretty hard to find in an incan light. Took three AA's, as I remember, but the higher end models take 6. I think they also have a remote option on the battery back, which can be nice in cold weather. Do you go ice fishing?

SHINER

Newly Enlightened
Don't go ice fishing.Don't have much in north louisiana.(hehe).
Need A good light to check yo yo's and run trot lines,and also and led for when I bass or white perch fish at night.

freewheelin'

Enlightened
Try Sportsmansguide.com They've got a 6v rechargeable Night Blaster or Night Buster (can't remember which) headlamp with both LED and incan that'll run all night on a charge for $49.00. I like mine but the incan hat a crappy M*g like ringy beam when focused to tight, on the other hand the LED is enough to see 30 or so feet and you'll never have to buy batts.
One drawback might be that the weighs about about the same as my 4d headlamp batts, but if your not backpacking shouldn't be a prob..

Blackbeagle

Newly Enlightened
Since you're planning on taking it fishing, just a note: If you could get one with replaceable LED's or mod it with a new LED, you should think about using UV. There are lots of fishing lines that glow under UV but appear crystal clear at all other times. What would really be cool is that you could illuminate your line without the fish noticing the bright light. If you got strong enough LED's, your line would glow almost like a laser beam going fromthe reel, up your rod and town towards the water. You'd have to test the individual monofilaments to see if your particular line flouresces.