Where to get Custom Cree LED boards.

jashhash

Enlightened
It's been a long time since my last post. Recently I've obtained the ultimate flashaholic job and I'm needing a little help. As of two weeks ago I work for company that produces light fixtures, and by light fixtures I mean big ones that go along streets and parking lots. Anyways the company I'm working for want's to retrofit their fixtures using LED's and I'm charged with the task of creating a custom led board that will work with a variety of their light fixtures. Like many of you I'm used to buying LED's through Dealextreme.com but unfortunately I'm not sure where to get them mounted on a board. I've found some local places in Los Angeles but they charge $10 per emitter!

LEDBoard.jpg

This is a photo of the custom LED board I'm designing. If anyone knows of somewhere (China) that would do custom LED boards I would greatly appreciate it.

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, why don't you try www.4pcb.com. They make boards and do component mounting. They are reasonable, and even do it in the US so you don't have the "China risk".

Also, try CPFr jtr1962. He makes does work like this all of the time - probably for much less than $ 10 / LED. Heck, I would do it for less than that.