ultrastinger vs. sf 12pm

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Does any one own both of these lights? I have the ultrastinger and think it's awesome. I also have a sure-fire 9n which feels weak after I got the ultrastinger. I just ordered the Surefire 12pm and would like to know how much brighter it will be than my ultrastinger. Thanks for any help

redbird

Enlightened
I too have the ultraStinger and am very pleased with it. The size is very comfortable and the light is blinding.
Sorry no 12pm

Size15's

Flashaholic
I would be very interested in seeing some photos of these three flashlights together. It would be great to see the three beams on a white wall, and then each of them illuminating objects from the same distance from a fixed camera.

Do you think that you'd be able to do this?

Please?!!

Alastair

Size15's

Flashaholic
I've got an UltraStinger.
I have a TigerLight.
I have a 12PM, two M4's and a host of TurboHeads.

The 12PM N62 Lamp blasts the UltraStinger for sheer output but is not designed to give you a Thin "tunnel vision" beam like the US does. The TigerLight I have appears to produce about as much light as the MN61 350Lu. Both lights have similar range but the SureFire has a cleaner beam.

The 12PM/M4 is a different type of flashlight from the US or TigerLight and these won't usually meet being used for the same applications.
I think the TigerLight is superior to the UltraStinger.

Nerd, I will see about emailing you some photos.

Al

K-T

*Moderator*
Al,

you finally did get hold of a Tigerlight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
I've had it for a while. Got a bulb for it in Orlando.
Charge it in the car.

It's okay, no SureFire but I pick it over UltraStinger because it is more compact.

Al

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
I would be very interested in seeing some photos of these three flashlights together. It would be great to see the three beams on a white wall, and then each of them illuminating objects from the same distance from a fixed camera.<P>Do you think that you'd be able to do this?<P><I>Please?!!</I><P>Alastair

[/ QUOTE ]
I am doing a test of the TL, US, M6, Magcharger, X10 and I can add a 12PM. The wall shots are done and I will now be doing 100 yard shots.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Al,

Flashlightlens.com was selling a modified textured lamp for the Tigerlight. I don't know if you have one or not, but i was just wondering if it would smooth out the beam enoegh to be compareable to a Surefire.

Just a thought...and a question. Thanks!

Size15's

Flashaholic
No I don't. I have a mirror finish lamp direct from the hands of a TigerLight guy on their stand at SHOT 2003.

I will look into getting one these.

Thanks

Al

dabiscake

Newly Enlightened
Al,
I have an extra one I got from Chris as flashlightlens.com about a month or so ago. Not used yet. I can send it to you if you'd like, maybe trade for something?
I'm looking for Surefire accessories I can't seem to find anywhere to purchase (switch boots, pocket clip, etc...).
Since you've handled and owned so many Surefire lights, I thought you might have some spare of those laying around (/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif I wish!!)
Let me know if you're interested.
This textured LA has a smoother beam overall, different from a regular Tigerlight LA (I've used the 1st generation for a while), much similar to a Surefire beam. Not quite close to the even light density of a P series though, looks more like an X80 to me: hot spot still noticeable with smooth, even side spill.
This LA looses some throw, but it's still a nice trade-off.
Let me know if you're interested.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Thanks.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
jtivat said:
[ QUOTE ]

I am doing a test of the TL, US, M6, Magcharger, X10 and I can add a 12PM. The wall shots are done and I will now be doing 100 yard shots.

[/ QUOTE ]

JT,

I'll be looking forward to your test results with great interest.

Brightnorm