Does anyone have any info on Striker's Light Mine?

mapson

Enlightened
I saw this little light on Ask This Old House during the "What Is It?" segment. It's a led light with magnets all around. Looks useful but what I want to know is if the batteries are user replaceable and how much wattage is the led. Anyone else seen this around?

http://www.striker1.com/light.html

mapson

Enlightened
I am going through some of that website's listed review sites and saw a couple interesting things. One site listed it using 3 button type batteries (no talk of replaceability) and another had a comment that Home Depot was carrying it (under $5). I'm going to Home Depot when I get a chance to see if it is true.

mapson

Enlightened
Went through all the "review" websites now and there's a video that doesn't appear to be an ad from the company, Overclockers HQ? has a short 2min video. Unfortunately they don't discuss the batteries used/replaceable?, and during the video, the thing keeps turning off from the switch? Kind of funny. Also, I noticed in many of the "review" sites, various comments were left, mainly that it is available at Home Depot for $4.xx. I'm willing to bet the comments are all from someone related to the company. Same date, same sentence.

Tony Hanna

Newly Enlightened
I saw this little light on Ask This Old House during the "What Is It?" segment. It's a led light with magnets all around. Looks useful but what I want to know is if the batteries are user replaceable and how much wattage is the led. Anyone else seen this around?

http://www.striker1.com/light.html

Of course the batteries are user replaceable. It's just a matter of whether or not you'll have to glue it back together after you replace them.:)

In seriousness, I looked through a few of the reviews as well and didn't see any mention of the batteries at all. I'd think that would be an important point to mention for somebody reviewing the thing.

mapson

Enlightened
Of course the batteries are user replaceable. It's just a matter of whether or not you'll have to glue it back together after you replace them.:)

In seriousness, I looked through a few of the reviews as well and didn't see any mention of the batteries at all. I'd think that would be an important point to mention for somebody reviewing the thing.

Ok, I should have been more specific then...will the batteries be user replaceable w/o the use of glue. :) I was disappointed that there was limited amount of info on the batteries as well.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of the magnetic **** threads off to change the batteries. I didn't try it since it was in a blister pack but I could see the threads and batteries through the translucent plastic.

mapson

Enlightened
Received response from Striker, she was very helpful in providing the information I requested. Utilizes 3 LR44 batteries, she recommended it would be "cheaper" to buy a new one than replace batteries. This may be true if one plans on buying the batteries at a local retailer. Not so, if one purchases online. No threads, to change the batteries, there are tabs on two opposing sides, as long as you are careful to not break them, no problems. The LED is a 5mm 3.2v 20mA 6000+mcd slow burning white 6000-12000k. They are working on a rechargeable upgraded version. Will be awhile before it hits the stores. She even provided a jpg to assist with "dismantling" the mine. :)

lightmineexploded.jpg

I picked one up at Home Depot and will provide further information on it's usefulness once I open it up.

dilbert

Enlightened
I saw these in the flashlight section at Home Depot last week. I looked at it a little, but put it back because it looked cheap and I try to stay away from coin cell lights.

burntoshine

Enlightened
$5 light mine

I was just at home depot and found this interesting little 'light mine'. It peeked my interest as a novelty and being only $5, it made its way home with me.

pic and info

It's pretty cool for $5. The beam very much reminds me of a Fenix E01. Quite purple. All the spikes are magnets, so you can angle the led in multiple ways.

If you've got a metal plate in your head, you can use it as a headlight!

loanshark

Enlightened
Re: $5 light mine

haha! yeah.

maybe if i beat myself hard enough with my tk40, i'll remember to search first.

:ohgeez:

Don't do that. Every once in a while Marduke nails someone for an obvious one. It's HILARIOUS!!:devil:

Marduke adds much entertainment to this forum. And he's a great resource to boot.

Last edited:

Latest posts