Top Gear is Back: Season 13

Burgess

Flashaholic
Well, it hasn't made it to

"BBC America" channel

(#264) on DirecTV.

The only listings that i see are all reruns.

How are you viewing it on yer' television ?

:confused: - :stupid:

_

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool! My Father got be hooked on this weird Brit show, hope it makes it to BBC America as well. :popcorn:

-Mayo

Norm

Retired Administrator
At the moment we are putting up with a clone or the brilliant British Top Gear we have our own Australian Top Gear, which is pathetic imitation of the original.
Norm

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
The only listings that i see are all reruns.
How are you viewing it on yer' television ?

Follow the sub links of the links in post 1. Each leads to a download link.

At the moment we are putting up with a clone or the brilliant British Top Gear we have our own Australian Top Gear, which is pathetic imitation of the original.
Norm

Actually, I'm enjoying all three Top Gears right now: UK, AUS, and RUS. Yours is better than ours, the US version wasn't good enough to even be aired!

BTW, among my other favorite 'imports': Sea Patrol

Last edited:

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
He's not the stig! It was a joke.

He was only there to drive that one car. Think about it, who else would they let drive it?

The steam train was the best part of the whole show.

gollum

Enlightened
Norm

plus one on that for sure,I hardly even bother with it

to essexman ... G'day mate , so are you sure about the stig not being shuey

I know they changed stigs a few times now
can any true fans list the all the stigs?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

Wikipedia has more info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stig

The steam train was the best part of the whole show.

It was amazing. Like 19 years to build it from scratch using the original blueprints. And it works! Here's a little eye candy...

vgu8sl.jpg

Last edited:

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
So when does season 13 premiere on the BBC america channel? I don't want some stupid american version of this show, but the real thing!
This winter they just finished showing season 12 on BBC america, but I hope I don't have to wait that long for season 13 on TV...

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
to essexman ... G'day mate , so are you sure about the stig not being shuey

I'm very sure because I AM THE STIG !

OK I'm joking, see HERE

For me there really is only one STIG, "Stig" Lennart Blomqvist, now that is a skilled driver. I met him the other year at goodwood festival of speed. A very nice chap indeed. My friend went for a spin in his old Ford RS200 works rally car, lucky git!
With my friend in the car, he left me to take the photos.....take off!

DSC_0347.jpg

I was on my knees when I took this pic, I had to turn away quick and close my eyes, bloody loud too.

Dam shame, I won't be able to make Goodwood this year:(

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Watch it here guys :devil:
OK, I officially hate you.
It's not available in this area is the message and I don't have Dish anymore. Money was the reason originally but after a year of Hulu, I'm not going back to paying $50.00 a month to watch a few shows.

I miss the show and the clips that are available just make me want more.
Hopefully now that Disney has bought into Hulu it will be brought over.

Maybe I'll just get a ticket to watch the show, there's only a 20 year wait and at 69 I *may* live long enough to get there - but of course will have forgotten where I put the ticket.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the show and have ben watching it for about 15 years. I fondly remember the days when the old format Top Gear was aired on Thursday evenings at 8:30pm and for a while followed by Absolutely Fablous at 9pm - pure TV gold and enough laughter to last the entire week.

I much prefer the new format although it was a bit of a shock to see it had changed so much when it came back. I think that James May is better suited to the show than Jason Dawe was and the three current presenters are perfect.

woo hoo. sundays just got better. :twothumbs
They sure did, best part of the week and the best show on TV!:thumbsup: Can't wait until Sunday evening.

Bradlee

Enlightened
Actually, I'm enjoying all three Top Gears right now: UK, AUS, and RUS. Yours is better than ours, the US version wasn't good enough to even be aired!

How did I not know about Top Gear Russia!? I know what I'm doing when I get home; thanks a lot for the heads up :thumbsup:.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Its not as well cataloged as the other two, but here are all the episodes:

In season 1, its a little rough around the edges, but I love seeing their culture from their own point of view. A recent episode, for example, focused on a military truck. In TG style, they put it through a series of tests. You could hear the pride in their voices as the crushed, flaming vehicle crashed into a river and (after a cooling period), drove out under its own power.

Tricky part is the subtitles...