Anyone wear these? 5.11

Grog

Enlightened
http://www.511tactical.com/

The 5.11 tactical pants (mine are black of course, hence "tactical") /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I just got a pair of these. Very comfy and cut nice. The front Magazine/knife/light pocket is nice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tombeis

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
they look nice!

are they stylish when worn?

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell do you think we are, fashion experts? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Tombeis said:
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
they look nice!

are they stylish when worn?

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell do you think we are, fashion experts? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

good point...

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I started to get a pair but I thought they made my butt look too big and they didn't match my scarf /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking into getting the 5.11 vest in black for travel. That way I won't have to carry a bag around. Royal Robbins makes nice adventure style clothing.

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tombeis

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
DieselDave said:
I started to get a pair but I thought they made my butt look too big and they didn't match my scarf /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

See, I'm wrong again. Dave is a fashion expert.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i like showing off my sexy butt...maybe i'll order some /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

NCBirdHunter

Newly Enlightened
I've been wearing RR 5.11 tactical pants for 2-3 years. They are awesome and the most comfortable pants I have every owned, by far. I also love the 5.11 tactical shorts.

If you carry a handgun IWB (in may case, a Glock 23), these pants are perfect since they have a small section of elastic on the left and right sides -- that means you can wear the same pair of slacks when carrying IWB and when not carrying (or when carrying OWB).

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
ok...these clothes are completely cool....where is the cheapest place to order?

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I spent 15+ years in the US Army and would only wear combat/tactical clothes when I HAD to! The idea of wearing that stuff off-duty did not even occur to us. Although I do remember being in a mens clothing store once and seeing 3-piece suits in 5-color camo! I have yet to see any camo/tactical clothes that would make anyone disappear while walking down the street! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well the Guys at Surefire wear them so they must be cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Actually they look like great pants for those of us that don't wear ties for a living. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Roth, this looks like the best place to get 'em

5.11 gear

Later,

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
wow...$40

i hope i can get my mother to buy them for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I have lots of "tactical" clothing from the old days but it seems the humidity or something got to them and the waist on the pants shrank by 5". That's the only explanation I can come up with that doesn't involve the word fat.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

waist sizes 2 through 16 ? what is that for, your tactical monkey?

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
No those are women's sizes you doof, there are female agent, officers, and soldiers aren't there? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

LOL, tactical monkey, that's pretty funny!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Later,

sotyakr

Enlightened
Been wearing the 'civilian' version 5.11 pants and "Bluewater" shorts at work for a several years. Actually, I wear them most of the time when I'm off work, too. Can get 'em cheap at the Royal Robbins Outlet store in Berkeley, CA.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

d'oh! (size 2, really? where do they measure that?) :p

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't want to draw any fire from the fairer sex here but could you imagine telling a girl she's a size 36?! Maybe the sizing is more psychologically based for women. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Later,