Wide beam flash lights?

jawnn

Enlightened
Is there a flash light that has a wide beam and the brightness of about 250 lumins?

And it must run for about 3 hours....why can't they make one that has it all?

sjalbrec

Newly Enlightened
well, the forth level (out of five) of the chimera mini is around 250 lumens and it is all flood. only lasts about an hour at that level but it is rechargable :D

maybe you want to look for a lantern?

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
The EagleTac T100C2 has a very tight hot spot but has pretty good flood also. Its about 250 lumens and can run for three hours on one 18650 battery regulated.

strinq

Enlightened
The EagleTac T100C2 has a very tight hot spot but has pretty good flood also. Its about 250 lumens and can run for three hours on one 18650 battery regulated.

It does NOT make 250 lumens OTF.
I have one and its much noticeably less brighter than my PD30.
Other reviews have also stated that.
It has a very bright hotspot with a bad flood actually.
The P100A2, LD20, PD30 all beat it in terms of flood and spill brightness.

Something to match 250 lumens OTF and a good flood is the T10c2 or T10Lc2. That is if ur not looking at multiple crees, mce or p7's.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any Floody comparison beam-shots we could relate to ?

Prefferably ones without "hotspots" - just wide floody beams ?

Yapo

Enlightened
I just had a look at the link above and i'm surprised the Led Lenser P6 was measured to be 157lumens...thats 2x the output led lenser advertised it at 78 lumens. I dont actually have a P6 so i cant really say much about its actual output but I do have a led lenser P5 and i would say that it 59 lumen rated output is pretty close to that of a 60 lumen KX2 head on the surefire e2l.

But mev's review site does show that the lux measurement of the P6 is slightly more that double that of the P5 measured by others so i guess that does correspond to the significantly higher output since they most likely use the same optic lens as their heads are the same size.

...while the ledlenser P6 doesnt make the 250lumen output it does have a hotspotless(or u could say pure hotspot with a few faint rings as spill) flood beam!

HKJ

Flashaholic
I just had a look at the link above and i'm surprised the Led Lenser P6 was measured to be 157lumens...thats 2x the output led lenser advertised it at 78 lumens.

Led Lenser is usual unregulated or even direct drive light, that way the brightness will depend very much on the battery, i.e. a fresh battery may have twice the brigtness, compare to a battery that has been used for 10 minutes.

strinq

Enlightened
I guess he could be wrong but I think he knows what he is doing. Look at this link.

http://light-reviews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=122&hilit=Lumens

Gotta take it with a pinch of salt.
All the other reviews stated that the t100c2 doesn't output that much light and is one heck of a thrower with small spill.
And I totally agree cuz I have one, and my friend has another.
And also a couple of other guys at my countries local forum said the same thing, so maybe mev had an exceptionally bright one.

jupello

Enlightened
I just had a look at the link above and i'm surprised the Led Lenser P6 was measured to be 157lumens...thats 2x the output led lenser advertised it at 78 lumens.

I think the problem could be that Mev's sphere did not have matte coating, so there might have been reflections that hit straight to the measuring point. It would be interesting to see the results of LL P6 in both spot and flood modes to see if the IS shows similar results on both.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree; there is no way that the T100C2 is making 249 lumens OTF. The T10L should be very similar to the T10C2 (so about 250 lumens OTF), and it getd only 2 hours of runtime. The T100C2 gets about 3 with the same battery, and shouldn't be all that more efficient. Therefore, it must be drawing a decent amount of current less, making it not 250 OTF lumens. I would expect that it is drawing 1 amp at the most; my T10L draws about 1.3- 1.4 on a fresh 18650.
Of course, the T100C2 has more throw, but that is because of the small die size relative to the smooth reflector.

The T10L has a very nice beam that has a very nice spot/spill transition with virtually no rings at all. It is very nice for lighting up large areas.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Malkoff M60F has the right beam, and run in a 2x18650 host (like a Solarforce w/ extension, for example; there are others) will last over three hours on high.

Also, if you already have a P60 drop in of some sort, just get an LDF lens from flashlightlens.com. They are terrific; I use one in a 2x18650 body with P60 for long flood runtimes. Very useful light.