Any headlamps uses CR123?

GreenArcher

Newly Enlightened
Okay, I recently bought a SF G2, SF E2E, and will be adding the Arc LSH-P. All these uses CR123 batteries. My SLR camera also uses CR123. However, my only headlamp is the PT Aurora which uses AAA, and my GPS & FRS uses AA.
I can see myself as carrying the E2E, LSH-P, and a headlamp for backpacking. I would like to replace my headlamp with something of similar size or smaller that uses either a CR123 or AA.

Are there any LED headlamps out there that uses CR123, and hopefully weatherproof? And what are some of the best lightweight AA headlamps out there with decent flood?

Thanks.

Ian

souyou

Newly Enlightened
National(Panasonic brand may be more popular. Just another brand of the same company)
has some 1 CR123A headlamps.
They have a 3LED and some incan/LED combo ones.Link

Sorry, the website is written in Japanese and the products might be only available in Japan.
I want let you know that Japanese company also has unique products.

Tomas

Banned
Pi is blue is right, I think.

I'll let y'all know in a bit 'cause I have one of the Inova 24/7 SmartBright units on-order, but I'm not totally certain if it comes with a headband or not ...

tomsig03.gif

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Highjacking this thread slightly: I have wondered if there are any CR223 powered headlamps out there. The relatively low cost of CR223s through some channels make this attractive. I have thought about making one myself but have been detered by the difficulty of fabricating a reliably waterproof battery holder.

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think you will find a headlamp that is the same size or smaller than the Aurora that is built around a larger battery size. Most of the AA headlamps are considerably larger and I've never seen a CR123 headlamp. You could use a jackstrap and a regular flashlight as a sort of headlamp and get your 123 headlamp that way.

Tomas

Banned
!!! REI (Seattle) used to have a CR223 powered headlamp for awhile! Haven't seen it for years, and I didn't really care for it, but there did used to be one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tomsig03.gif

Tomas

Banned
I posted a short write-up of my 24/7 in another thread over yonder ...

Here's a link to it. (Executive Overview: I'm impressed.)

The optional headband (from the pictures of available accessories on the instruction sheet) appears to be a nice wide one and has a tilt adjustment for the clipped-on 24/7. Assuming it is as well made as the light itself, it could be a keeper ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tomsig03.gif