Michael Jackson has died

gunga

Flashaholic
Wow! You're really up on these eh?

Sad day for celebrities, 3 dead in a week. MJ gone at 50?

Wow... Tis a shame he went from such heights to strange, reclusive, and creepy ways...

:mecry:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
May he rest in peace. A real shocker. The world will mourn his passing, and at such a young age.
Always the Icon.

Bill

FredericoFreire

Enlightened
Why the hell he died at 50 y.o.?
Maybe he took too much medicine along the life.
Poor Michael... I liked him. Rest in peace.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just read this on the Yahoo main page. Hard to believe that he's dead.

Even though he's quite the messed up individual, I always hoped he would be able to get back on top of the music industry at least 1 more time.

Bosley

Newly Enlightened
So much for cheating death with the surgical masks and sleeping in oxygen tents. . . So young for a cardiac arrest.

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rest In Peace Jacko.

Like him, love him or hate him, he is arguably one of the most influential musicians of all time - very sad day for the music world.

:candle:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
He was not my cup of tea, but he sure had the talent to make people happy with his music. Too bad it all went south, and what a waste. RIP MJ.

And quite frankly it hits home in a spooky way as I turned 50 just over a month ago...

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I just heard that mouners in L.A. are placing flowers on the wrong Michael Jackson star on the walk of fame. The correct MJ star is currently covered up by a red carpet for the premiere party for the movie Bruno, and mouners are mistakenly placing flowers on a different MJ's star, one who was a radio performer.
:confused:

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like Lee1959, I was never a Michael Jackson fan. However, he will certainly go down as one of the greatest musical performers of all time. For all his fame and fortune, or maybe because of it, I think he led a basically "tortured" life, manifested by so much odd behavior.

The lyrics of one of Michael's songs resonates with me as a great mantra. Paraphrasing here: ...You want the world to be a better place? Well, take a look in the mirror, and make the change...

RIP, Michael.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too much hoopla...He was an entertainer, not a musician. He was more of a dancer than a singer.

Not sure why he was worshipped the way he was (than again, I'm still perplexed by the current wave of celebrity worship), but he was consumed by his own self: the fame, the accusations, the whole celebrity lifestyle killed him.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
There's going to be a lot of breathless speculation over the next week or two until the toxicology report comes back. In a way this has got to feel oddly familiar to the network newscasters who once again find themselves in 'the mode,' going wall to wall with coverage of another spectacle in his life, albeit the final one. Watching the news, it kind of feels like watching the trial coverage all over again. As I type this they're currently transporting his body to the coroner's office via helicopter, and in true style they've got a chase helicopter loaded with broadcast equipment, providing live coverage of this moment as the news chopped follows the medevac chopper in close proximity.

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
:mecry:
As a Michael fan since i was old enough to recognise that it was Michael Jackson on the Laserdisc Dangerous......:mecry:

Of all the passings to be noted here on these forums, this one really hits me.

flashfan, Its
"Im starting with the Man in the mirror. im asking him to make a change"
then later its
"If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself,and make a change"
:)

Crenshaw

Last edited:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kind of surprised about this, especially considering he was prepping for his sold out shows at the O2 arena in London.

He was only just over 8 years older than I am.

RIP