SF's "new" 9P...It's born again...

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
SF\'s "new" 9P...It\'s born again...

Well..I was kind of surprised to see a "new" version 9P...I thought these were discontinued.

he light itself is the same as the old 9P, except for the hexagonal bezel (with a polycarbonate window) and lock-out tail cap.

What irked me, though was the $83.00 pricetag, for a model that has been around a long time. This must be almost pure profit for SF...Oh well, I bought one...damn...

So now I have a new 9P, with a clickie tailcap, and a discontinued F61 head assembly (essentially a shock isolated w/built-in beam shaper). This makes an interesting and very useful combo.

--dan

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SF\'s "new" 9P...It\'s born again...

I bought it from Leach Enterprises (888-357-6400), at the local jerky and gun show...

--dan

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The older style had a round bezel. The new one has the Hex Anti Roll feature. I have a few round ones I keep for collectable purposes but the new hex design works.

Found a picture on Sean's web:

http://www.geocities.com/da_shwartz/flashlight9p.html

Hope you don't mind the url Sean?

brightnorm

Flashaholic

Originally posted by dano:
Well..I was kind of surprised to see a "new" version 9P...I thought these were discontinued.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Dan,

I've long enjoyed my "old" 9P with round bezel. With P91 it's an impressive light and in SF's proprietary pouch is so compact and lighweight that I once EDC'd it very comfortably for several months. I also use it with the SRTH 2.5" turbo & N2 lamp which I believe to be one of SF's best combos.

My question for you, purely out of curiosity is do you consider this light robust enough (non-shock mounted) to use professionally, and also professionally, do you prefer the regular SF push/twist tail button or the clickie?

Brightnorm

Flashlightboy

Enlightened

dano,

Having been to their house a few times to purchase SF goodies, I like the Leaches very much. Very nice folks with great inventory. I think they go to SF once a week to stock up. However, I didn't know that they took their wares that far north. I thought they kept to SoCal. I wonder what other goodies they have.

I have a round bezel 9P that I've upgraded with the Z41 and the black M2 bezel. It fits in the SF nylon pouch very well and is a nice unit. I really think the 9P is a sleeper.

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast

my bad, i should have been clearer, i have never seen a F61 and would like to check it out.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by Surefire M6:
The older style had a round bezel. The new one has the Hex Anti Roll feature. I have a few round ones I keep for collectable purposes but the new hex design works.

Found a picture on Sean's web:

http://www.geocities.com/da_shwartz/flashlight9p.html

Hope you don't mind the url Sean?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have a website??
confused.gif

icon15.gif

You probably the only one who knows I have a website.
tongue.gif
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I thought I was one of 6 people that knew the "secret". Sheesh, your telling me more people know about your web? What is it 7....8 people? Now I'm mad....

Hey everyone SEAN HAS A WEBSITE!
grin.gif
smile.gif