Sony - SODSCV1 - Cybershot DSC-V1 Digital Camera

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

[ QUOTE ]
TedtheLed said:
someone was talking about this upcoming product but I can't find the exact string -- here it is -- hope you notice it whomever you are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif -- your comments are welcome;

"Thank you for your inquiry for this item:
Sony - SODSCV1 - Cybershot DSC-V1 Digital Camera
We would like to inform you that this item is now available from bhphotovideo.com.
Check it out:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/item/IC=SODSCV1-REG___BI=15___NI=CB0AE2C4E
AOL Users click <a href=http://www.bhphotovideo.com/item/IC=SODSCV1-REG___BI=15___NI=CB0AE2C4E>here</a>
If the above link does not work, please copy and paste this item code.."

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Sony - SODSCV1 - Cybershot DSC-V1 Digital Cam

? what? not clear? ok; this camera wasn't available when it was being discussed, and details were not known, now it has become available, and I'm passing the info along (I am quoting myself from my post from the "Sony DSC-707" string).. does that explain it Rothir?

GeoffChan

Enlightened

this?

DSCV1.jpg

Geoff

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

that explains it teddy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

[ QUOTE ]
Geoffchan said:
this?

DSCV1.jpg

Geoff

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. if that's this; /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

280016.jpg

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

looks like it to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow... nice camera. The size looks a lot smaller than the F-707 I have now (which could definitly be a good thing). Does anybody know if there has been a review of the 707 (or 717) vs. the V1 yet? Thanks

-Mike

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Ok I tried to delete this to neaten up the place, but it just leaves the post and a "post deleted by Ted" message .. so just let me say Xrunner reposted the link in my first post, then I pointed that out to him, and he then deleted it..
not that there is a problem with having a convenient link to click on reposted further down in a string.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry about that... somehow I missed it. (Edited the link out of my post).

-Mike

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast

This camera was first mentioned by Sony a few months ago but is just now starting to become available to the general public. There have been some preliminary reviews in which first impressions are that the picture quality is not quite up to it's big brother the F717 which is held in high regard. Also you lose a lot of speed in the lens compared to the F717. Canon also just announced the release of the G5, a 5 megpixel version of the G3 although it is not expected to be available until later on this month. In the upcoming weeks/months these two cameras will likely be compared to each other in many review sites as two of the more hotter recent releases.