XTI Procyon and 3.7v li-ions...

Yadao

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody here own this light and use rechargeables with it? I ordered the light today, it should be here next week, and I was wondering if I could use the 3.7v batteries I already have.

Yadao

Newly Enlightened
Anybody? Any info would help, I don't want to ruin the light.

turan8

Newly Enlightened
I have one and I couldn't get the regular 3.7 RCR123s to fit in. I did have success with the smaller 3.0/3.6v LiPO4 cells. They have less capacity but fit in the light.

Yadao

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info. So if it handles 3.6 volt batteries fine, I should be able to run it on my 3.7's... if they fit. Any idea where I could buy some of those LiPO4 cells in the US if I have to get them?

turan8

Newly Enlightened
I got mine from battery junction (
<url>http://www.batteryjunction.com/rc375reliba.html</url>). These are the 750 mAH ones.

but they are available other places as well.

I'm going to purchase the 900mAH ones soon enough too, hopefully they will fit.

I tried Ultrafire RCR123s in my XTI and the back cover wouldn't fit, but the LiPO4 worked great; great way to save on batteries.

Yadao

Newly Enlightened
Thanks a lot for the help. I really appreciate it. :grin2:

turan8

Newly Enlightened
No prob! What do you mount your XTI to?

I mount mine on my CZ P01 but it's a little loose...

Yadao

Newly Enlightened
Well, it's not here yet, but I will use it on my 1911.

DSC01246.png

There's a green laser mounted on it in the pic, it's cool, but it moves inside the mount when I shoot it so I haven't been using it.

Yadao

Newly Enlightened
Got the light today, so far I like it. Still not dark out to go play yet...

Neither of the latch bars that came with it would fit my rail well; one didn't fit, the other did but very tightly and it wouldn't come off once I had it on. The bar was a bit to tall, so I grinded it down a bit and polished it, now it works perfectly. It comes off easy and goes on easy while still being fairly tight to the rail (no rattling whatsoever).

I'll post a pic of it mounted when I get the chance, and hopefully get some comparative beam shots with it and my Gerber RX-700 (slightly modded to fit a cree r2 drop in) and do reviews of both the lights.

Also, my 3.7v CR123's fit perfectly. The light runs fine with them.

Yadao

Newly Enlightened
I'm not sure, I got them from a guy off ebay who imported them. They came with a Since charger, not sure if that's the battery's brand though.