Question on updated M2XC4 batch

strinq

Enlightened
Bringing a question posted at the reviews section here.
Does anyone have the 2nd 'corrected' batch?
What are the changes?
Mine will be arriving in a couple of days and my supplier mentioned that the new batch has a slight 'ramping' when changing brightness. Eg: It gradually gets brighter/dimmer to the next brightness when the mode is changed instead of an instantaneous change. But it only takes about a sec.
Still on the fence on whether this is a good or a bad thing.
Comments?

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think it'd make a difference to me one way or the other. So long as there's nothing wrong with the electronics of the first run, as in.. reliability. I would just wonder why the change was made and what else was effected. But right now, I'm happy with my first run M2XC4 cool.

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is of the first batch, but I remember reading that the ring's span that selects turbo mode is larger and the head is a bit lighter. There are probably other changes I don't remember.

TAIGERSX

Newly Enlightened
Bringing a question posted at the reviews section here.
Does anyone have the 2nd 'corrected' batch?
What are the changes?
Mine will be arriving in a couple of days and my supplier mentioned that the new batch has a slight 'ramping' when changing brightness. Eg: It gradually gets brighter/dimmer to the next brightness when the mode is changed instead of an instantaneous change. But it only takes about a sec.
Still on the fence on whether this is a good or a bad thing.
Comments?

I had the 2nd batch.
Changes are: noticably lighter weight, 2 battery trays with green screw driver included, laser engraved mark at turbo level, better waterproof seal.
I'm not sure about the "ramping" as I didn't notice that "phenomenon".
Overall, it's a great light.

strinq

Enlightened
Ok, that's strange...been reading about it having a lighter head and longer turn to change from turbo to strobe too but not the ramping effect...gotta confirm with the supplier again.
Anyone else have the 2nd batch?

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
TAIGERSX pretty much summed up the changes. The first version has a very slight transition effect between each successive level.. makes for smooth level changes. I don't notice the effect taking any more time on the new ones... seems exactly the same. The lighter weight is due to mass being removed from the head for better balance in the hand.

strinq

Enlightened
Hmm, this time I really gotta check back with him. He just got about 10 (i think) lights from eagletac and all of them displayed this effect.

Latest posts