Lego Creations (not the SF kind)

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I just ran across this Lego Stargate creation. What cool custom stuff have you found (or built)?

o79gkn.jpg

Last edited:

LEDobsession

Enlightened
Re: Custom Lego Creations (not the SF kind!)

Legos consumed about 80% of my life as a kid. Im glad I still have them they're great. Too bad I never took any pics before I disassembled them.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

Here's my favorite from my own collection (click to enlarge). Sorry for the dramatic photo, sometimes I just can't help myself! :sssh:

For scale, that monolith (Magolith?) in the background is a silver 2C (ROP)

Last edited:

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast

That is a pretty neat stargate (although not entirely accurate; not that I watched every single episode in that series or anything...). It is amazing how many of those small pieces with the "half moon" type things on the end of them the builder had to use for the border.

Any idea how they made the symbols for the gate?

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice!

I love legos! One time I brought my entire lego collection to my college dorm and we all started building lego cars and racing them. There were about 9 or 10 of us--it was a Kodak moment--awwwww. :)

When I was a kid I would spend 3 or 4 hours non-stop on legos. One time I used like 90 percent of the legos to build the battlestar galactica. My dad eventually told me I had to take it apart so my brother and sister could have some legos to play with, too.

Before I moved away from Maine, I gave my lego collection to one of my best friends daughters, who definitely got more use out of it in the years that followed than I ever would have. But I still think legos rock. What's not to love?

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh yes, I still have boxes of space legos packed away. I spent much of my pre teen years building legos and more than I'd like to admit of my teenage years playing with them too. :p
Most of my creations have never been lego man scale, rather they've been actual objects such as chess sets, computer chassis, etc. And then of course there was that long stint of Star Trek Starship model making I did. I had a really good liiking Klingon Bird of Prey for awhile. (albiet in all sorts of colors as green isn't very common :mecry:)

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
At a local Volvo dealer they have a Volvo SUV with the body done entirely in Lego. My kids ran to it like they were sucked into a sci-fi vortex, ignoring everything else there.