2AA Minimag Flaglight? 4th of July repeat?

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, now that I've got your attention. Please position your seat in the upright position and attach your oxygen mask for vertical descent...

Seriously, last year the weekend before the 4th, Fry's had the 2AA flaglight at the ridiculous price of $4.99. I scarfed about 20 of them and wish I took the 115 that was available in the Palo Alto Frys store.

I posted the day I accidentally discovered the sale and no one noticed. Wonder if there will be a repeat this year.

I know that 90% of you could care less, since you probably don't know what a Frys store is or where one is. I think they only have stores here in CA.

Anyway, I'm hoping they repeat this again this year. I'm going to scarf them up by the boxloads if I can...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally I have no idea what a Frys is, but if they do have a repeat and you manage to get some please share the wealth. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Frys electronics is a store created in silicon valley. They have retail outlets in California (USA) and an online output called outpost.com. http://www.outpost.com/

Maybe the sale item will show up there too.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah... Lovely Fry's... One's just so conveniently located 15 minutes from here...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
no fry's here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

it would be nice if you could sell them at the shop for $6ish though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lucien

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
it would be nice if you could sell them at the shop for $6ish though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, yeah I second that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just as long as it doesn't attract any unwanted attention from a certain flashlight manufacturer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

freewheelin'

Enlightened
They've got 3 stores here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, thanx for the heads up. I'll be watching out for these.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Dat2zip for the heads up.
I will surely watching over this sale. Hmm, 4th of july, any other sale at the time?

Empath

Flashaholic
We have one Fry's in Oregon about halfway between Salem and Portland at Wilsonville. The store's location was strategically selected by Tandy for their Incredible Universe. When Tandy finished with their Incredible Universe, they sold it to Fry's. Fry's doesn't possess near the "eye candy" show time merchandising skills as Tandy, but it's still a useful electronics source. It's too bad we can't have both here.

Fry's is still a California exclusive at heart. I noticed in the frequency guides they sell even in Oregon is California frequencies only. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Incredible Universe went out of business because its pricing was ordinary and its buyers were sluggish to respond to product life cycle issues.

Frys is nimbler and and has more aggressive pricing.

rajanf1

Newly Enlightened
A little off -topic, does the brinkmann legend 2aa ever go on sale?

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think it's ever gone on sale on Brinkmann's site or on REI...

Conshohoken's REI should carry them for $10, and that's probably the best price overall you'll find on them...

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, if it's going to happen it will be this friday.

Anyone contacted a Frys store and talk to the manager to see if they know of the sale?

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, I take it the sale is not on this year...

I was there yesterday (Thursday) and there were no flaglights at all.

We called the Sunnyvale store and they said they had none available. I think this is a bust. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

obeck

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
FalconFX said:
I don't think it's ever gone on sale on Brinkmann's site or on REI...

Conshohoken's REI should carry them for $10, and that's probably the best price overall you'll find on them...

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but REI regularly (about quarterly) has a 20% off coupon good for any regularly priced item. So, you could say that REI has it for 20% off about 4 times a year. I usually use the 20% off coupon on a higher priced items...