new mystery jetbeam lights on bugout gear

importculture

Newly Enlightened
Did a search here on CPF and was surprised that there's no discussion of the new mystery jetbeam lights on bugoutgear's site. It's maddening, is it a RRT2 with MCE or IBS or both:faint:! Someone's got to have more info, Flavio some clues please! Get the hype train moving.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well i heard that there are a whole slew of new jetbeam lights to come out.
I suspect it will be another control ring light.

Crenshaw

BIGLOU

Enlightened
OMG now I'm really going to be broke. They need to come out with a weapon light.:hitit:

SilentK

Enlightened
Sound interesting. :twothumbs it says that they are coming out with weapon switches for jetbeams, so you could just mount a m1x or something like that.

gsxrac

Enlightened
Ohh man yet another option to concider :ohgeez:Im already sweating trying to decide between an LX2, RRT-2, SR3, and a few Surefire legos... And no I dont have the disposeable income (let alone regular income) to just buy em all no matter how badly I want to!

importculture

Newly Enlightened
Come of Flavio drop us CPF'ers some hints. Or if anyone else has some new info, We'd all be super grateful! Hey Crenshaw what've you heard? I know there's another post that talks about a post on a russian site thet says there's a raptor with an MCE but that's all I've heard.

Last edited:

9x23

Enlightened
Did a search here on CPF and was surprised that there's no discussion of the new mystery jetbeam lights on bugoutgear's site. It's maddening, is it a RRT2 with MCE or IBS or both:faint:! Someone's got to have more info, Flavio some clues please! Get the hype train moving.

Would you post a link? I couldn't find any RRT with an MC-E on their website, but like others here I read in another post that there may be a MC-E with operating ring coming out soon. I would really love to see an MC-E triple 18650 (parallel) with an operating ring and multi levels!

9x23

coaking

Newly Enlightened
HELLO CPF'S,
I have info that this new light is from RRT series and it will use 1pcs of CR123A or1pcs of AA battery with extender.
I personaly think that light is nothing but short RRT2 version :wave:but let see!!! can't wait!!!
Regards!

fyrstormer

Banned
A new 1xRCR123 light would be nice, especially if it has a narrower reflector than the old Jet-II. 123 is my preferred format. Frankly, I have no idea why they call the Jet-I their "tactical backup light" when it uses a different battery format than all their other lights. What are you supposed to do if you run out of spare batteries and one of the batteries in your Jet-III turns out to be defective and goes dead while the other one still has lots of charge? Just put the good cell in your backup light, right? Oops, that's right, your backup runs on AAs -- a CR123 won't fit. That's what you call "bad planning".

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure why they wouldn't continue with their Jet-II range, that's a good question for Flavio.

I think they called it a backup light simply because it is smaller than the Jet-IIIs.

To be honest, I think Jetbeam is probably a smaller company than we think it is, and probably don't supply it to any big organisations. So i think most of their customers are the general public which may include some, but relatively few LEOs. So most prefer rechargeable batteries or something that's abundant.
And from experience, CR123 are expensive and there aren't any cheap and reliable RCR123/16340 sources, that may be why they're not selling Jet-IIs anymore as they're harder to sell.
Since a 'backup' light has to be small, it'll either be 1xCR123 or 1xAA, since 1xCR123 is out, now only 1xAA is in the equation therefore we see what we see right now?

Please note that, i haven't asked Jetbeam anything, so this is just a hypothesis, don't kill me if im wrong, lol

fyrstormer

Banned
I dunno. A pair of AW RCR123s and a Nano charger is $22 from the Hound and a pair of NiMH AAs and a Soshine charger is $17. $5 isn't that much.

Lithium primaries are definitely expensive if you buy them retail, but from the Hound CR123s are $1.50 apiece and Energizer lithium AAs are $2.00 apiece.

Then, when you do the math on the cost per watt-hour, both lithium primaries and RCR123s come out ahead of their AA counterparts.

Granted, not a lot of people will do that kind of math, but for those that do, a single CR123 light makes a lot of sense -- smaller, more powerful, longer-running, etc. Jetbeam should make a new single CR123 light. My Jet-II isn't a member of my permanent collection, but it's darn close. Best thrower I ever saw in a package that small -- and with the removable reflector, I can turn it into a temporary mule if I need to.

Last edited:

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
True, $5 isn't much. But i believe most if not everyone knows about AA batteries. If you randomly pick someone off the street and ask them anything about CR123, chances are they might be like... "is that a spaceship?".

IMO, there's a lot of "i don't know about it, that must be something really complicated" mentality out there.

You're kind of assuming "perfect information" here for everyone, but empirical evidence suggests otherwise here.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I really wish they're bring back the Jet II series. Those single cell mini throwers were unique and interesting. Now that they're not available I wish I owned more than just one. Imagine that little light with a stainless bezel and shorty pocket clip for tail down carry. Gosh I would love that!

coaking

Newly Enlightened
Hello CPF'S,

new small flashlight from JETBeAM will call RRT-0!
That's all I know for now!
I will inform you when I get new info!
Regards