Quick Photon REX question

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the type of rechargeable battery it uses, what is the discharge rate? Will they hold their charge much longer then say your typical nimh? Am considering given one as a purse light but would want it to still work if went a few months without usage.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the type of rechargeable battery it uses, what is the discharge rate? Will they hold their charge much longer then say your typical nimh? Am considering given one as a purse light but would want it to still work if went a few months without usage.

It is a small Lithium Ion cell afaik so it will hold a charge better than a standard NiMh cell. What the capacity of the small cell is and therfore what the maximum safe discharge rate is, I don't know.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I almost bought one of these a few months ago but read some bad things about them - can't recall the details but it was enough that I totally changed my mind on them - a search here will probably get you the answers. Other Photon products are generally very good but IIRC the Rex has some problems.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
The only problems I can recall the ReX having were with some of the first ones. Some folks may have fried their lights using too much voltage for recharging.

Geoff

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Capacity of the cell is around 110-120 mah. I believe that the li-ion cell should hold a charge as well as any other li-ion cell. This means it should be pretty good and much better than NiMh cells.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had mine for a few months and have played around with it a lot and have never had the first problem, it is a handy keychain light, however, it's not in the same league as my La Petite Killer, which I love!!