The Brass Ring

Willieboy

Newly Enlightened
I added the little brass ring to my Malkoff MD2 today and now have two levels of light output. I don't know the lumens produced on the low level, but it is very satisfactory. If anyone would like pics, I'll be happy to take some.

bxstylez

Enlightened
would it be possible to replace the current 60ohm resistor on the ring with a 15ohm, or 22ohm, resistor?

i need a little more output on low for LEO work..... a low level output thats not too low! ...something around 50-60 lumens output, vs. the current 10-15 lumens output with the 60ohm resistor

bxstylez

Enlightened
would it be possible to replace the current 60ohm resistor on the ring with a 15ohm, or 22ohm, resistor?

i need a little more output on low for LEO work..... a low level output thats not too low! ...something around 50-60 lumens output, vs. the current 10-15 lumens output with the 60ohm resistor

:bump: if anyone can answer this.....

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
That is a good question. Running the M30 with one LiIon you would need something like a 10-15 Ohm resistor ring to get a decently bright low level. Maybe different Ohm resistered rings will become available as time goes on.

The more voltage you apply to the M60 the brighter the low level becomes. Use two RCR123's in the two cell body for now.

Bill

Willieboy

Newly Enlightened
Here ya go Jay.

First the light itself with 2 SureFire primary Cr123s powering Malkoff's M60 dropin:

MalkoffM2D.jpg

Here's the brass ring within the head:

Ring.jpg

Here's a beam shot on low:

Low.jpg

Here's one on high:

High.jpg

The wall is an off white color and the lens was 36 inches from the wall. I have installed a lens in my MD2 though it's not supposed to be necessary with the Malkoff dropins.

Last edited:

Latest posts