Remove rubber grip from TK20

offshorebear

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a AA weapon light for my AR. My optic is AA so I want to match that.

I like the TK20. 2xAA, accepts a remote switch, simple 2 modes, and has a good throw. The trouble is it has that goofy grip. If I take that off, what is underneath? I'd love for it to be a 1" tube so I can just use a standard mount. So can anyone tell me whats there when you remove the grip?

Thanks for the help! I just registered here but I've used this site to start my flash light addiction. I EDC a L1D because of you guys.

offshorebear

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I tried searching the best I could but I couldn't find that. That doesn't look like it will work well. I'll probably go with a TA20 or a surefire and try to carry both types of batteries or switch out my optic to a 123 type.

Thanks anyway!

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
did you see that there is acylindrical section near the tailcap? why don't you get a dimension of it and check compatibility with a 3/8" mount?

Flashaholics_UK

Newly Enlightened
Without the grip the body is smooth, with grooves on 2 sides that the rubber grip mates into.

The body is tapered slightly from the center, getting wider towards the head of the light.

At the tail end it's just under 19mm - 21mm at the head end.