How Do You Protect a P60 Drop-in?

popcornpicker

Newly Enlightened
A 35mm film case looks like it would work, but since everybody is digital, I'm not sure where to get them.

I bought a host but I want to carry different drop-ins with me just to try out the different attributes of each.

I don't want to send away because it will be a 4th of July thing, but I don't want them to get crushed under camping gear either.

Thanks.

prof

Enlightened
Not everyone is digital. Ask at any local film processing place.
Would a waterproof match case work?

Yadao

Newly Enlightened
If you have multiple drop-ins, I'd take a look around the stores for a tackel box... You know, one of those small clear ones with the little adjustable compartments. That way they'll all be together and protected.

popcornpicker

Newly Enlightened
I don't want them banging around in a tackle box either.

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm trying to keep volume to a minimum also.

Tony Hanna

Newly Enlightened
Another idea that might work would be a piece of PVC pipe and a couple caps. Depending on how many drop-ins you want it to hold, you could cut to the length you need and use pieces of foam, cardboard, bubble wrap, or whatever between each drop-in.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Surefire's spares carriers can hold a spare P60, along with 6 CR123 cells.

flip

Enlightened
Get a small plastic tube of Mini M&Ms. There is a lip at the opening that holds the drop-in perfectly. The lid will close and the drop-in is held securely. I have shipped several P60Ls in these and never had a problem. I aklso use them to hold spare 18650 batteries.

paintballdad

Enlightened
If you have a Costco nearby, stop by the photo processing area. They usually have a few lying around and will be more than willing to give you a few. I still shoot B&W film and have a few lying around and they do fit, though a bit loosely.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many prescription pill bottles, with a little foam lining, work very well. You can get an empty, unmarked bottle from most pharmacies if you ask nicely and tell them what you want it for.

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd been using an old vacume attachment (a slightly conical tube with an interior rim that perfectly seats the reflector 2mm inside the tube, by all apperances it is custom made). And of course pvc pipe is great (i tape up one end, then fold in a the drop-in with a peice of bubble wrap.

some awesome ideas here too. I'm gonna try the rx bottle when I get home, phase out my pvc pipe p60 holders if it works.

Best,
L

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
get more P60 hosts... :naughty: kidding.

i think pipes cut to length with end caps may work, just need to add some foam to prevent clatter.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
This is the kind of thing ebay does really well. These even have side clips and o-rings:

Last edited:

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
damn if i had the time I would post a picture with more color options than this...

igp3593cj3.jpg

Kinder suprise eggs (and other local firms) containers....

And There is a color coding system for me...
blue for 6V
black for 9V
green for 3.6V
red for 12+V

solid colors are LED - half transparent is Xenon

and I have also PINK ones