NEW Multimode Freelight with constant on etc. etc.

Streak

Enlightened
Remember the Freelight from last year? Well I just recieved the new multimode version. Looks identical to the old one but now has some more electronics built into it.

Toggle on and off.
Keep finger on button and light goes through 5 dimming steps.
Can program unit to flash once every 20 seconds as a find in the dark feature.
Auto off after 10 minutes.
Thicker glass covering solar cell to prevent breakage.
One day in sun for full charge.
Up to 10000 re-charges.

I have only had it for a few hours so still testing.

Well done AVEXA on your new Freelight!!

My Land Rover Story

B@rt

Flashaholic
fd0c627e.gif

Sounds good... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Where did you get it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh geese, this will have to be on my must have list. Will it ever end?

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
I like it. A few simple add on features. I wonder if you just left the light on in 20 sec blink mode, with the solar cell facing south, would it just keep going and going.
I don't strongly recomend many lights and I don't think I have ever strongly recomended one sight unseen, but after having the original for almost a year. I'd recomend this one.

Streak

Enlightened
The instructions imply that in find in the dark mode if the solar cell faces a light source then it will continue for a very long time. Left mine in this mode overnight and it's just as bright in the morning as it was after the charge.

By the way leaving it facing S here would not work, we are in the S hemisphere!! All houses here are built facing north to enjoy all the sunshine and light.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Looks good too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
swissIIa.jpg

I think this is going to be a hit... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

souyou

Newly Enlightened
I want it too.
BTW, what is the black button(?) next to the yellow button?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
A similar one on my old-style Freelight is simply a cast-in date mf'd stamp. Actually I hope that's what it is, so that the yellow button could only be -- a clickie!

B@rt

Flashaholic
Yup, I think it's just a stamp. If you look closely you can see it says "made in Switserland". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

swissIIb.jpg

The switch is most likely not a clickie, but just a momentary switch to cycle through the modes... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Streak

Enlightened
Switch is not a clickie.

From off, one quick press turns on the light and another quick press turns it off. From off hold down the button turns the light on and toggles the modes, release when you find the mode you want.
When on, holding down the button puts you into find in the dark mode and turns the light off. This gets cancelled the next time you turn on the light.

Yes that is a stamp next to the yellow button saying made in Switzerland with an arrow in the middle (which is probably a coded date of manufacture).

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks JUST like the regular, non-stick on no extra modes version that I bought last week somehow not realizing that there was a new one immanently available /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

So that makes mine a collectors item now right ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The second thing is indeed exactly the same plastic arrow that is used to display a manufacture date, but all the label says is "made in Switzerland. And the arrow in that picture is pointing the same direction as the arrow in mine so it may be only decorative.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The arrow in mine points downward, to a "4". And the numbers "0" and "2" flank the arrow.
I'm guessing mine was made sometime in April 2002 going by this. Oh, and it has "free light" and a laser-like star (like the kind you see on laser warning labels) silkscreened onto the body below the switch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Oh, and the button is blue and the lanyard is also blue - not yellow like in the above photographs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

franken2

Newly Enlightened
mine also points to 4 0|2. been hanging on the floorlamp switch for 9 mos.? seldom used but worked as this thread had me looking at it under a magnifiyig glass! gotta check price on the new version. want it? need it? buy it anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Kill-O-Zap

Enlightened
Re: NEW Multimode Freelight with constant on etc.

This advancement calls to mind one of the greatest threads in CPF history, the one about the ALLWAYS-ON freelight. Too bad all those great ideas are now obsolete /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior

[ QUOTE ]
Kill-O-Zap said:
This advancement calls to mind one of the greatest threads in CPF history, the one about the ALLWAYS-ON freelight. Too bad all those great ideas are now obsolete /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Not obsolete, many still have the old version and the mods in that topic were a great help, too bad there aren't good waves on the Big Lake /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
BTW the SWISS LIGHT II is available at COUNTY COMM. For $22.

arab

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Kill-O-Zap said:

[/ QUOTE ]

My business is ruined - I'll never sell my patented always-on clip now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Kill-O-Zap

Enlightened

Damn these vertical monopolies. That's what happens when you allow the same company to supply both the light AND the switch and bundle them together. Gives them an unfair advantage. Ultimately the little guy is not going to be able to compete and will be crushed. :tongue-in-cheek:

Re: NEW Multimode Freelight Shipping

I am pleased to see such interest in this unique light. I was just told that all (100%) of your orders that were placed before 8AM Pacific time have been packed and are waiting for the "Man in Brown" to pick them up.
Thanks and enjoy. I can hardly wait to read more comments. Frank