High Lumen flashlight that uses AA's?

nags

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking all over and yet to find one. I use my light a lot and have a decent supply of high end rechargeable AA's that I use in my camera equipment. I currently have a Surefire L4 and love it.. But would love to find something with a higher output that takes AA's. Does anything exist?

Thanks

Tom_123

Newly Enlightened
Fenix TK 40 would be the only one I know about.

But you should bear in mind that it use 8 x AA,
so changing batteries and charging might be less convenient.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
is Streamlight ProPoly (Luxeon) 4AA is still considered high lumen these days...? :shrug:

AusKipper

Enlightened
But you should bear in mind that it use 8 x AA,
so changing batteries and charging might be less convenient.

Or you can use it in a lower mode and change the batteries once in a blue moon ;) (the low mode lasts 160 hours...)

Dont let 8xAA put you off, its a good light. More batteries just == changing them less often. Besides, if you really want, you can run it on 4 ;) .

If you want something that just uses 2xAA the TK20 is good too. If its built too heavily there's always the Eagletacs.... (I have never owned an Eagletac however, so I cant compare..)

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have a Surefire M6. Pete in the Custom section makes a AA adaptor which allows you to use 6 AA or 6 17500 li-on cells in eighter a 3P2S or 6S.:thumbsup:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
LED Lenser P14. Just got myself one, runs off 4xAA (i'm using eneloops) and its awesomely bright. Has the ability to focus from a huge flood to a spot too!

There's a sorta review here and another one here.

Last edited:

JohnRussell

Newly Enlightened
If you have a Surefire M6. Pete in the Custom section makes a AA adaptor which allows you to use 6 AA or 6 17500 li-on cells in eighter a 3P2S or 6S.:thumbsup:

I tried to find "pete"without any luck. Do you have a link or a full user name that would help me locate the fellow who makes the AA adapter for an M6?

Thanks
JR

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if you have a specific use in mind, but the TK40 is really awesome... I barely ever actually need to use the highest setting on it (but I do for fun), so it does last a long while in between charges. I have just been camping last weekend and it's really a nice light for hiking. I'll post a complete report on that this week.

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a big fan of the Fenix TK20. It uses only 2 AA cells, has slightly more output than the Surefire L4, and a lot more throw than the L4, too.

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
My TK-20 just arrived in the mail today. I will try it later tonight. I found it for 46 bucks shipped on amazon! It does seem really bright.