Why are so many Ra Clickys FOR SALE?

Armed_Forces

Enlightened
Hi guys, been gone awhile. :wave:
Been busy with work.

So... I've been perusing the Sales corners :tinfoil:
and couldn't help but notice quite a few Clickys for sale.
What's been happening on the Ra front?

I don't have the time nor patience to even think about trying to get caught up on months and months of posts so I thought I'd just ask.
Has Henry got all the bugs worked out on production or are things status quo?

Why is everybody dumping them???
Is there a new forum boner/love child that I've missed?! :devil:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
We found out that after X number of activations they explode like a grenade.
yellowlaugh.gif

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
yah. noticed that too. no idea but i think it might be this:

Many have bought several pieces of them. and thin the herd.

main reason might be that the financial depression has its toll. and i think expensive non-used toys go first.

They also seem to come in waves. there might be not one for sale in weeks and then several people put theirs for sale almost at the same time. (as far as i have noticed and followed this thing is common also to: ROP, novatac 120p, malkoff drop ins, to name a few)

liteflux also offers programmability for cheaper price, not as robust thou. but much liked.

in general there seems to be several manufacturers worthy of following.

also many seem to like the AA size format too. especially as the many well liked lights also run with 14500 liion.

*in new what do i know. i dont even have a ra light yet.. nor liteflux.. hah.. so i guess i am the AA groupie!*

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
If it's in your pants or your hand when it goes then it's a bug.

If you throw at someone seconds before the bang then I say it's a nice feature!

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe folks are just making room for the titanium version thats advent, I am certain, is imminent:thumbsup:

lovecpf

Armed_Forces

Enlightened
..ahh TITANIUM. Nice.

BUT,
with Henry having so many production problems using Aluminum, there's no way in hell I'd be getting in line first to buy a BETA Ti Clicky!

If some titanium is in the future for Ra Lights, I seriously hope the design will be optimized for the material. Just making 1 to 1 copies of an existing design would be an utter failure and a waste of material because of the wall thicknesses Henry likes to use for robustness. Ti's inherent advantage is it's strength to weight ratio! i.e. thin is in. :)

mwaldron

Enlightened
Most of the Ra Clickies I've seen for sale have been from a small number of people who owned WAY too many Ra Clickies :)

I think I'd be much more likely to buy a Ti version of his newer design. Now that the tailcap switch is serviceable, we have access to upgrade and repair the entire light should anything ever fail.

I'd like to see a Clicky Ti design just like the existing one, honestly the weight of Ti is negligible with the quantity of material we're using in a typical flashlight, I see the true advantage being it's ability to be easily refinished and scratches removed so you always have it looking top-shelf.

Also I could see some really cool anno jobs being requested from our custom anno people if the Clicky Ti comes out.

Alas, given that they will likely be very expensive I'll likely be sitting out the Ti clickys.

Willieboy

Newly Enlightened
Mine will not be going on the block any time soon. It's my handiest light and I like its ruggedness.

mwaldron

Enlightened
Mine will not be going on the block any time soon. It's my handiest light and I like its ruggedness.

I realized today that all of my lights are now on the shelf unused. All of my A2's have been put away, even my Ra 140ct is on the shelf. The only light that's in use is my 100ww.

I have a 6pd sitting on my desk, but it's sole purpose is to remind me I need to save for a Malkoff WW MC-E.

I'll probably recharge my M6 for some 4th of July fun, but it seems that my Ra 100ww is filling all of my everyday needs.

I wonder what I'm supposed to do now...

gsxrac

Enlightened
I realized today that all of my lights are now on the shelf unused. All of my A2's have been put away, even my Ra 140ct is on the shelf. The only light that's in use is my 100ww.

I have a 6pd sitting on my desk, but it's sole purpose is to remind me I need to save for a Malkoff WW MC-E.

I'll probably recharge my M6 for some 4th of July fun, but it seems that my Ra 100ww is filling all of my everyday needs.

I wonder what I'm supposed to do now...

I am currently accepting donations or insanely good deals ;) Just shoot me a PM and ill forward my address!

sappyg

Enlightened
Hi guys, been gone awhile. :wave:
Been busy with work.
Has Henry got all the bugs worked out on production or are things status quo?
Why is everybody dumping them???
Is there a new forum boner/love child that I've missed?! :devil:

:wave: armed_forces.... long time no see.
i think the bugs have all been addressed successfully.
maybe people are selling the ones you see in order to trade up to another Ra. 170's are becoming more common now and the 200L are showing up more now.
looks like the most talked about light lately is the quark and the LF2XT. and yes... the new NT's have yet to materialize AFAIK.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've thought about selling one of mine to finance a custom model but am finding it hard to do as I really like his lights and to me are the best available. Of all his lights, I would have to say the Basic 42 XR GT is my favorite as the 4 levels are perfect for my use, that light will never be sold!! My edc is his 140cn with the force setting and automatic off enabled and raised battery tube!!

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Making funds and room for new Surefires? For now, LX2, Titan and MAYBE... the rest of the new models. :whistle:

And of course, besides what sarge said, people tend to forget the proper procedure in discharging Ra; safety pin twist, pull and throw the light, not just the pin. :eek:oo:

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would definitely be interested in a Ti version of the Ra. Any Ra. If it could be done for less than $250 U.S., I think I would be able to swing the purchase past my parents. My money, their credit card sorta deal... Stonewashed Ti lights are insanely cool looking. ;):D

callmaster

Enlightened
I was wondering the same thing.

Ti version for $250? Sounds good but I don't think that's even possible.

I'm just waiting for something a tad bit brighter :)