I been Light-napped

PhillyRube

Enlightened
Happened last night..a huge thunderstorm rumbled through our way. I think it was a tornado, a huge maple tree behind my detached garage looks like it was twisted around and snapped off 25' in the air. Anyways..

My bride was home and hears the freight train noise. She grabs the first light she can, a newly acquired LedLenser P14 and dives into the pantry. Power goes out, of course. She calls me at work to tell me we lost a big tree and a bunch of branches torn down in our area. Her and the dogs are OK..and she says she LOVES this light. It's even better than the Surefire 8N she has on her nightstand. Of course she asks if she can keep it, and who am I to say no.

Well, I got this light in the Marketplace, and it uses 4 AA batteries. This was a requirement as this WAS going to be part of my bugout bag when I deploy with my DMAT team, since it doesn't use rechargeables. So...any good ideas for a light that uses AA or AAA, and that great aspherical lens?

watt4

Enlightened
no idea on the light. but it sounds like you could use a small kit stored in the pantry. :)

maybe stick an old school 2D-with-magnet light on the shelves.

Last edited:

SilentK

Enlightened
no idea on the light. but it sounds like you could use a small kit stored in the pantry.

attach a cheapo light (duct tape or velcro or magnet) someplace where it could be found in the dark (like the inside of the door). use the cheapo light to get to the good lights in the kit. ;)

I use the old school 2D lights with a magnet.

But the wife now has a high standard of what a light should be.

jupello

Enlightened
Aww, too bad you got "Light-napped" (LOL :grin2:).
Sounds like you need to buy yourself a new LL P14 (or P7 if you want AAA) :p

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
But the wife now has a high standard of what a light should be.

Unfortunately for me my fiance or girlfriend or whatever has that problem.

I gave her a PD30 and now when she uses one of her parents flashlights (1 dollar ones) she complains and wants me to go buy some more for them.

I like the enthusiasm sort of, but my wallet feels other wise.

To stay on topic, glad to hear everyone is ok. Here in West TN we are no stranger to tornadoes.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's awesome! :D My fiance is just starting to warm up to the idea of my flashlight problem....I mean hobby. :crazy:
Yeah, my wife used to roll her eyes.

Now when we are outside it's "go get your really bright light".
The light she is referring to is my Solarforce L2 with custom driver, UCL lens, and GITD tailcap.

She's taken a liking to them, so I bought one for her in hopes that she'll leave my L2s alone :D

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
This was a requirement as this WAS going to be part of my bugout bag when I deploy with my DMAT team, since it doesn't use rechargeables. So...any good ideas for a light that uses AA or AAA, and that great aspherical lens?
I don't know if this fits your needs or not but the DEFT runs on AAs(both NiMH rechargables and primary cells). It can be used with the smooth lens for maximum throw or with the diffused and frosted lenses which give the beam progressively smoother output. The head can also be removed to use it as a mule as the LED is protected buy a small lens that goes right over it. It is definitely not as easy to change modes as the P14 but it also gives you a far greater range of ability.

Bushman5

Enlightened
I gave dad my P1D-CE and he keeps trying to give it back to me. He is perfectly happy with his 6v carbon pile lantern that he has had for 60 years.

I can respect that.

yet i see the look in his eyes when he fires up the P1d-CE.....pure delight......:devil:

i'm going to sneak a G2Z-L nitrolon into my moms glove box in her truck, and same with dad.......one day they will thank me......

ubetit

Newly Enlightened
Happened last night..a huge thunderstorm rumbled through our way. I think it was a tornado, a huge maple tree behind my detached garage looks like it was twisted around and snapped off 25' in the air. Anyways..

My bride was home and hears the freight train noise. She grabs the first light she can, a newly acquired LedLenser P14 and dives into the pantry. Power goes out, of course. She calls me at work to tell me we lost a big tree and a bunch of branches torn down in our area. Her and the dogs are OK..and she says she LOVES this light. It's even better than the Surefire 8N she has on her nightstand. Of course she asks if she can keep it, and who am I to say no.

Well, I got this light in the Marketplace, and it uses 4 AA batteries. This was a requirement as this WAS going to be part of my bugout bag when I deploy with my DMAT team, since it doesn't use rechargeables. So...any good ideas for a light that uses AA or AAA, and that great aspherical lens?

I get laughed at too until the power goes out.