July 4th activities, using?

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
i know some ppl like to bring the hid and shine it in the air. or maybe using a headlamp for a cookout. maybe incandescent is better with meats...

i'm going to night bike w friends to the local concert and firework show. usually the parking is really bad.
so a nice high power one(pitch black bikeway) and then use a headlamp for the actual location setting up a spot and see the camera.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the 4th I bring my 6 Pack Attack. An Arc6 set on Disco Strobe and my M6. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of my family is going back to Hawaii, so I'll be spending the fourth watching fireworks with my new dog.

Flashlights:
Led Zep MZXR-7
LunaSol20
SPY 007 (maybe)
Sapphire 083

Looking forward to really letting my M6 rip!:devil:

-Mayo

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Street fireworks at my cousins house. Certain types of Fireworks are still legal in Folsom CA. We'll do a little firework show and then walk around the neighborhood to watch the neighbors fireworks. After that, a night hike to the top of a hill to see the fireworks off in the distance from the lake. Unlike San Jose, Folsom still has a TON of open un-developed land.

I'll have a Zebralight H501 and 18650 modded 6P with MC-E drop in. I should be in the 400+ Lumen ballpark by myself. I'm bringing five different DX 1x18650 lights, one light for each kid... each light running a Q5-WC at 1400mah and the RC-N3-Q5 serving as backup just in case.

Collectively we will be in the 1400-1500 Lumen ballpark.:grin2:

Have fun everyone and stay safe tomorrow night:) Heres a pic of what I'm bringing.
dscn5733.jpg

Last edited:

gsxrac

Enlightened
Well I'm gonna be on the beach in mags head so my arsenal will be my C2 M60LL with FM34 a MD2 2 stage with M30 and my e2DL and Clicky140

Bushman5

Enlightened
well, I'm Canadian and our July 1st Canada Day fireworks :green::green::green::green::green: big time....... :thumbsdow

so i am going to live vicariously thru my American friends and set of a few of my own :naughty: and also bring all my lights out and play with them.

Happy 4th of July to my neighbors to the south! :twothumbs

SilentK

Enlightened
Im just gonna keep it basic. Im goig to freak the neighbors out like i did last year by shinning my POB (HID) in the air, and just using my H501 on low to navigate and light up the stuff. I am not going anywhere, but i am doing just as i always do. Spend hundreds on fireworks and have half of the neighborhood come to watch. :party:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I bought some colored CFL bulbs; there just happens to be exactly three lights that are on the front of my house, so one will be red, one white, one blue :D

ypsifly

Enlightened
From the 1st through the Fourth we have almost 9,000 people come to where I work for fireworks while the Detroit Symphony Orchestra plays, 19th century cannons are fired, and everybody eats fried chicken, bratwurst, hot dogs, pretzels...etc. It gets pretty crazy and my kitchen shuts down and we leave just as the fireworks are ending.

The bad part is I have to walk more than a quarter mile down a service road with cars and John Deer Gators whizzing past me. So I carry a light pointed down so people can see me. I've been carrying a PD20 since its one of my smallest yet bright lights. I need a small light since I'm carrying enough crap in my pockets, wallet, cell, keys, two way radio, SAK. Medium is bright enough for me to be seen and the strobe is great for sneaking up and zapping co-workers.:crackup: Gotta keep it fun after a busy night.

PhillyRube

Enlightened
I'm working, so I'll be around the beach area looking for illegal firearks being shot off, Maxabeam in hand. Figure I can get on top of a dune and light 'em up for the fire marshalls working the crowd.

pianoman

Enlightened
Saphire makes great personal light around the neck, in addition to more powerful handhelds....

Burgess

Flashaholic
I'm working, so I'll be around the beach area looking for illegal firearks being shot off . . . .

In that case, i'd be watching for an old guy named Noah,

piloting a very large boat, loaded with lotsa' animals.

;)

_

gsxrac

Enlightened
I'm working, so I'll be around the beach area looking for illegal firearks being shot off, Maxabeam in hand. Figure I can get on top of a dune and light 'em up for the fire marshalls working the crowd.

Uhh ohh, which beach? If it happens to be nags head and you see a guy with above average lighting that might be me :sssh:

Patriot

Flashaholic
I went to fireworks last night using a Raw NS, and the PH50 and DEFT just for fun. As you can imagine the little NS got used the most.

I added my PH50 story over in the Spotlights section of the forum since it seemed to fit best there. :)

Last edited:

gsxrac

Enlightened
Best moments of the night, "Hey whoa!? Ohh wait I thought that was fireworks. Thats a !@*& flashlight?" (courtesy of the C2/M30/FM34 combo) And it was also pretty fun to watch the guy a little further down the beach shining his LED light out in front of him trying to see further (I think the beam MIGHT have traveled 10 feet.)

SilentK

Enlightened
I dropped my lighter in a bucket of water, so I just used my M6 HOLA to light the fireworks....:devil:

Nice. I used a Blowtorch running off mapp gass to light mine. i almost got screwed up pretty bad a few hours ago. i had a package of rockets, that were pretty good size. (about 5in long and 1in in diamiter). so i put one of them into a tube with the top rocket part was sticking up out of the tube. i light it, walk about 15 feet away waiting for it to launch, but instead, the entire rocket just explodes, blowing up the tube i was using with it up as well. i feel very fortunate that i was not hurt, seeing as peices of that tube went 75+feet. :shakehead So, i just trash the rest not wanting it to happen again. I will never again trust fireworks completely. i will now run instead of walk. :tinfoil: