• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD:SOLD(KL4(Black HA) P7 Mod w/VG body$100 AVAILABLE) E2E Black & E1B tailcap$old

slaps

Newly Enlightened
SOLD:SOLD(KL4(Black HA) P7 Mod w/VG body$100 AVAILABLE) E2E Black & E1B tailcap$old

SOLD:Would like to sell my Defabricata modded KL4 Black HA(DSWOI P7) head with VG two cell body, Black SF E2E(complete), and E1B tailcap. Will include charged AW 17670 cell(sticker removed-3 cycles) that fits perfectly in the VG body. The KL4 P7 mod is my favorite light. Everything looks exactly stock except for the huge P7 led. Very bright floodlight that has been my shelf queen and show off piece to those new to led flashlights. I have used a 17670 cell exclusively to protect the P7. The Kl4 is stock except for the P7 and trimming of the reflector. Might be able to run more than 3.7v but I wouldn't risk it. To simplify things for me would like to make everything a complete package. US only, Paypal only, USPS priority shipping included for $165. First to post "I'll take it" has priority. Please PM me for my PP info. Thank you. Well, since two parties have posted interest in both parts of a split package here goes:Defabricata modded KL4 Black HA(DSWOI P7) head with VG two cell body and 17670 for $100 shipped. Black SF E2E(complete), and E1B tailcap for $65 shipped. mikeverlarde has first chance at E2E and E1B tailcap. If the above parties pass on the sale I will put the split packages back up for open sale. Defabricata modded KL4 Black HA(DSWOI P7) head with VG two cell body and 17670 is available for $100 shipped. SOLD Defabricata modded KL4 package still available for $OLD100 shipped_SOLD. Everything sold. Thank you.
IMGP1701_edited.jpg

IMGP1703_edited.jpg

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Re: WTS:KL4(Black HA) P7 Mod w/VG body, E2E Black, &E1B tailcap

Is there a reason why the p7 can't take more then 3.7v?

slaps

Newly Enlightened

Well the circuit in the KL4 wasn't designed for a P7 Seoul. It may do fine with more than 3.7v. I just didn't want to take the risk. Not sure if the E2E is HAII or HA III. It was purchased some time ago. The appearance is a matte looking black.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast

If all DaFABRICATA did was do an emitter swap, you should still be ok with 2xCR123's. I had him do the same thing to my KL4-HA and it ran continuously just fine with no tint shift.

thermal guy

Flashaholic

That's what i was thinking.Should work just fine off two primary cells.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

If all DaFABRICATA did was do an emitter swap, you should still be ok with 2xCR123's. I had him do the same thing to my KL4-HA and it ran continuously just fine with no tint shift.

When I first saw DaFABRICATA's mod I always wondered about this. He too told me he never had any issues. I always thought since the stock KL4 driver drove a 6V LuxV I would have thought being a boost driver it would deliver somewhere around 6V to the P7 as well on two primaries. Of course not good for a P7.

Well after seeing this thread I decided to check for myself. I just wired up a stock KL4 driver (this one is actually from a KL4 mod I did for Bruce :wave:) to a DSWOJ. Here's what I got:

IMR16340 @ 3.9V: 2.98V, 0.765A at the emitter
2xCR123 Battery Station @ 5.81V: 3.03V. 1.150A at the emitter

Looks like it is safe to use two primaries (these measurements are what I got, I am in no way liable for anything that might happen to anyone's light :grin2:). Hmm, now I wonder how many volts the stock LuxV is getting? :thinking:

1wrx7

Enlightened
Re: WTS:KL4(Black HA) P7 Mod w/VG body$100 E2E Black & E1B tailcap$65

Wow Slaps, these are great prices:eek:

DaFab modded a KL4 with a P7 for me. I used it on two primaries for a month or two with no problems. Then I found a TB 18650 body and I've been using that ever since. DaFab tried using one with two RCR's and it was really bright... although the driver board only lasted a week:poof: Like darkzero, I can't be held liable, but I wanted to share my experience with this mod. Thanks for the numbers too DZ, now you got me wondering what the LuxV was seeing:thinking:

BSBG

Enlightened
Re: WTS:KL4(Black HA) P7 Mod w/VG body$100 E2E Black & E1B tailcap$65

PM sent - I have to pass - even on this great price...., even with slow moving board this should sell quickly. Really nice.

I'll take the KL4 / VG / 17670 for $100 since nfetterly has withdrawn.

I'd take the whole package if mikevelarde drops out :).

slaps

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTS:(KL4(Black HA) P7 Mod w/VG body$100 AVAILABLE) E2E Black & E1B tailcap$old

KL4 Black HA P7 Mod with VG body and 17670 battery still available for $100 shipped.

BSBG

Enlightened
Re: WTS:(KL4(Black HA) P7 Mod w/VG body$100 AVAILABLE) E2E Black & E1B tailcap$old

KL4 Black HA P7 Mod with VG body and 17670 battery still available for $100 shipped.

See my post above - I'll take it :thumbsup:.

:paypal:

Last edited:

slaps

Newly Enlightened
Re: SOLD:SOLD(KL4(Black HA) P7 Mod w/VG body$100 AVAILABLE) E2E Black & E1B tailcap$o

Everything sold. Payments received. Thank you.