can anybody teach me how to change the tailcap of Fenix P3D?

hydrasmith

Newly Enlightened
I have a Fenix P3D, and it came with a orange tailcap, but I have no idea how to change it, so I'm looking for experts' help
Thank you

HKJ

Flashaholic
I have a Fenix P3D, and it came with a orange tailcap, but I have no idea how to change it, so I'm looking for experts' help
Thank you

Use these two holes to unscrew the retainer ring. You can use tweezers or a needle nose pliers for it.

DSC_5370a.JPG

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Might need a vice grip and really strong pair of needle nose pliers. Just be sure to wrap it in rubber or a rag to keep from damaging the paint.

A couple of minutes in front of a blow drier might help loosen the industrial grade, try and get this open, glue.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Might need a vice grip and really strong pair of needle nose pliers. Just be sure to wrap it in rubber or a rag to keep from damaging the paint.

A couple of minutes in front of a blow drier might help loosen the industrial grade, try and get this open, glue.

The head has glue, not the tailcap, it is usual easy enough to open.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
The head has glue, not the tailcap, it is usual easy enough to open.

Unless it was my PD30. Maybe they started something new with the PD line. Not sure, but it was a pain. I broke two needle nose pliers.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always found tweezers with normal (not fine tipped) ends to work perfectly as they fit nicely and the tips are large enough to stop them slipping/breaking.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Unless it was my PD30. Maybe they started something new with the PD line. Not sure, but it was a pain. I broke two needle nose pliers.
Unusual for it to be glued it's meant to be a serviceable.
Four Sevens sells spare switches.
Norm