Why no Nitecore SR3 review? Am I missing something?

dagored

Enlightened
I have searched the forums and the internet in general. Is this light a secret? I know there is a thread about the SR3 on here, but it is not one of the outstanding reviews I have come to rely on.

Every light I own is a result of reading and seeing examples and demos on this site.

If this is in the wrong forum or not appropriate, please remove it.

Dual

Newly Enlightened
It has only been about 3 weeks. Be patient. :ironic:

dagored

Enlightened
It's your turn. Go For IT!

Yeah, right. Look at my post count. I have been an active member for about 6 months. Six months ago I thought LED's only came in Christmas lights. I need to took up certain items and terms I read in the reviews, because I do not understand them.

I still do not understand the difference between white and warm.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Warm refers to a yellowish beam tint, not incan color, but a little bit to dark yellow. People like it because it has better color rendition, but it produces less lumens at the same energy comsumption.

And white is white.. of course.

There are no reviews of the SR3 because it was released just few weeks ago and this is not one super flashlight, nothing special about it.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah un waiting too, im also new and am loving single cr123 lights, i have an extreme and want to know if this will be any different ? is it a thrower ?

dagored

Enlightened
Richard, thank you. Really. I think I like white.

zs&tas- I too like the 123 lights. 2-RA's, Olights 20 & 30, Nitecore Extreme, and a Tomahawk GP. That is why I am interested in the SR3.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just posting a few pics takes time. I have some showing the components and machining in another thread because the 'how it works' and 'modability' and 'size' is most interesting for myself and some members. For others it may be 'how bright/dim' or 'throw vs flood', 'bang for buck' or whatever. We all have varying interests, but I agree that getting a complete picture from the extensive reviews, and learning specifics you would not have noticed is very valuable.

For a thorough review, covering all aspects as well as testing runtimes (8 levels on the SR3!) and shooting beamshots is extremely time consuming.
Also, at the rate new lights are being introduced, it must be quite a task for the reviewers to catch up with the newest release. I am eagerly waiting for them too :popcorn: There are also so many lights to choose from now, which may dilute the interest in a specific light.

As for why the SR3 is not talked about more, I'm rather suprised.
It is a fascinating light, the first single cell light with a very simple interface. AFAIK, there are currently only 3 lights with a magnetic brightness adjusting mechanism, the SF U2 (I don't know if the Kroma qualifies), Jetbeam RRT-1/2, and the SR3.

Oh yeah, the SF Titans too. EDIT Oh, no they don't. I stand corrected, thanks Frenchy :wave:
TITAN - taken apart -

Last edited:

HKJ

Flashaholic
I have searched the forums and the internet in general. Is this light a secret? I know there is a thread about the SR3 on here, but it is not one of the outstanding reviews I have come to rely on.

Every light I own is a result of reading and seeing examples and demos on this site.

If this is in the wrong forum or not appropriate, please remove it.

Give it a bit more time, and you might get some review and beamshots.

I have a picture here, where you can compare it to the size of other lights:
DSC_5953.jpg

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
I will be reviewing it soon. NiteCore will be sending one out to me sometime this coming week. Usually takes about a week or so to get to me, and then another week after I receive it to do the runtimes and write up the review. Of course, that can get a bit delayed if too many lights show up at one ... :whistle:

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
As for why the SR3 is not talked about more, I'm rather suprised.
It is a fascinating light, the first single cell light with a very simple interface. AFAIK, there are currently only 3 lights with a magnetic brightness adjusting mechanism, the SF U2 (I don't know if the Kroma qualifies), Jetbeam RRT-1/2, and the SR3. Oh yeah, the SF Titans too.

Hi Nekomane :wave:

I am not sure about that ;) But I could be wrong :)

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast

Have a look at a few of these.

http://www.google.com/search?q=warm+tint+beamshot&sitesearch=candlepowerforums.com

The first link on the page,
and the 3rd link on the page, scroll down about 1/2 way and there's a series of shots.

I'll not take a cool let out of urban areas. Warm tints are immeasurably better in forests.

Also, once you have a name for the thing you don't know, like you said, search it. Every question has been answered before.
Six months ago I thought LED's only came in Christmas lights
lol, nicely done.

dagored

Enlightened
Selfbuilt I await eagerly for your review.

HKJ, thanks for the photo. Now I have a perspective of the size.

Linger, good links. I still like white.

dagored

Enlightened
Nice work HKJ. Just what I need, something simple for wife. I think I might order tomorrow.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I wasn't even aware of this Nitecore so I'm glad the OP asked the question. Going to go read up on it at HKJ's thread now but the preliminary looks good, performance wise. :naughty: