Is good sheath avail. for CMG Infinity?

Tomas

Banned
I did some searches on CPM and other places, but didn't find a decent holster for a CMG Infinity. What I was hoping for was some sort of horizontal placement on a belt in either a ballistic nylon or Kydex.

Anyone have any leads or ideas? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks!
tomsig02.gif

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Tom

I carry an Ultra on my Duty Belt in a leather torch sleeve which was originally designed for a AA Minimag.

link: www.pwluk.com
9221 Mini Maglite leather torch sleeve. "Double A"

Since originally posting this I note that they also have an American distributor www.pwlusa.com

This company does excellent leather work but is just a tad slow. However a lot of the stuff on their website is made to order and my experience with them is first class.

The Infinity/Ultra fits really snugly and does not fall through the sleeve due to the knurling near the top by the bezel. I have grown very fond of this setup as it allows safe and secure carry of the Ultra without any bulk.

Just an idea?

Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
From PWLUSA
Model 9223 MAGLITE LEATHER LOOP Not the item but it and a plastic version were the only results of a "maglite" search.
No picture or description. On pwluk the 9221 was listed but had no info.
So you might call their Toll free # for more info. They do advise that their whole line is not in their online store.

[ QUOTE ]
If you have a requirement for product not shown, please call us toll-free at 800-960-4072 or email us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take a look at the Proto case we had made for the Ultra-G.
http://www.countycomm.com/kydexpage.htm (At the bottom of the page) It looks like it meets your requirements. I am not sure if we will produce them for financial reasons. To have the holster produced in quantity, we would need to sell it for $24.00. We sell the Ultra for $15.00. How many people need/buy a rugged case that costs $9.00 more than a brand new light? What I have learned about kydex manufacturing is that the size of the item doesn't matter because material is cheap, the skilled/ experienced labor is expensive. I had two prototypes made. Contact me if you can't find what you need and I'll see if I can track down one of the prototypes.

Tomas

Banned
Thanks for the replys and leads to possibles, Doug, Wits' End, Billy, Frank and Rebus! Some good ideas that I had not found myself.

I didn't realize just how much size a Kydex sheath would add, Frank, and the retail price you mentioned is a bit scary unless one must absolutely have one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rebus, I hadn't thought of that option (Duh!), and it might be just what I am looking for - I used to have a horizontal sheath for one of my Gerber 'Paul' knives that would have worked perfectly. Hopefully someone still makes one similar.

Thanks again, everyone!
tomsig02.gif
wavesmile01.gif