Prices for Surefire in the U.S.?

Fichtenelch

Enlightened
Hi!
I am planning to do some vacation in the u.s., and i thought about getting a surefire c2 and a2 or 6p defender locally...
My trip contains las vegas, los angeles, san diego, phoenix, san francisco and a big trip through the grand canyon...
So, what is the standart price for these models and can you get them at local stores or chains like sears?
Never been to the states, but i think it's a good time to change that :D

sappyg

Enlightened
do check out a lowes or home depot while in the US. i would think that would be a nice adventure. you might find a 6pl/ g2l at lowes in the $65.00 range or about 50 or so euros. enjoy.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
If in the Los Angeles area, Lowes has the G2/G2L or 6P. Feeling adventurous? Why not try to purchase the lights from Surefire (apparently they have a will call listed on their website)

If you are in San Francisco, check out Tad Gear, they have a good selection

Marduke

Flashaholic
Only knife and gun stores will most likely carry SF's B&M. Sears will not have anything. Lowes might have 6PL's and G2L's.

Fichtenelch

Enlightened
Why not try to purchase the lights from Surefire (apparently they have a will call listed on their website)

Ok, so i'll keep my eyes open for the moment to get one...But i'm still trying to get the sense behind that sentence above....:confused:

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, so i'll keep my eyes open for the moment to get one...But i'm still trying to get the sense behind that sentence above....:confused:

Surefire also sells their lights direct, you can purchase them from their website. Since you will be in town for a few days, I'm not sure they can ship and you'll receive them before you leave town. Give them a call and see what they can for you.

Fichtenelch

Enlightened
Surefire also sells their lights direct, you can purchase them from their website. Since you will be in town for a few days, I'm not sure they can ship and you'll receive them before you leave town. Give them a call and see what they can for you.

Aah ok...lets see..i think the longest time is 4 days per town in l.a. + vegas...but i'll get myself a surefire, for sure :D

Last edited:

jaundice

Enlightened
I recommend you buy your Surefire in Las Vegas, if you can. There's no sales tax (roughly equivalent to VAT) in Nevada. California has a 9.5% sales tax. So the savings is pretty significant.

Surefire HQ also only sells at list price. You should be able to get that elsewhere. If you can't find a Surefire dealer in Las Vegas, order from an online dealer and have it shipped to your hotel. OpticsPlanet usually has free shipping, and it should arrive in 2-3 days.

-John

Burgess

Flashaholic
to Fichtenelch --

Welcome to CandlePowerForums !

:welcome:

Oh, and enjoy your stay in Las Vegas.

A typical little American town.

:D

_

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Outdoor sports stores (Cabelas, Bass Pro Shops are 2 large chains) usually have a selection greater than Lowes.

If you are going to a Cabelas you may have even better luck by looking on their website and having some of the higher end ones shipped to the store.

Of course another very good alternative is the market place or custom B/S/T - priority shipping may run $10 or $14 depending on box size.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recommend you buy your Surefire in Las Vegas, if you can. There's no sales tax (roughly equivalent to VAT) in Nevada. California has a 9.5% sales tax. So the savings is pretty significant.

Surefire HQ also only sells at list price. You should be able to get that elsewhere. If you can't find a Surefire dealer in Las Vegas, order from an online dealer and have it shipped to your hotel. OpticsPlanet usually has free shipping, and it should arrive in 2-3 days.

-John

Clark County NV (where LV is located) has a tax of 8.10%

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Online US dealers pretty much show the same prices, so you can scan through one (including OpticsPlanet.com) or all (google products) and get a quick sense of prices for any model SF. The tricky part will be that brick and mortar shops seldom carry more than a handful of models. Your best bet are large outdoor shops that combine camping gear and weapons. Start with the zip codes of where you will be and hit the dealer locator:

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main.pl?pgm=co_ddlookup&func=search&mode=dealer&strfnbr=6

Tax is a topic unto itself. Every state has its own rate/policy and in those states that have it specific counties often add their own extra %. But there's still no "internet tax", so orders from neighboring states (even those that otherwise do charge) are not charged. And a few states are 0% across the line.

Last edited:

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi!
I am planning to do some vacation in the u.s., and i thought about getting a surefire c2 and a2 or 6p defender locally...
My trip contains las vegas, los angeles, san diego, phoenix, san francisco and a big trip through the grand canyon...
So, what is the standart price for these models and can you get them at local stores or chains like sears?

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main.pl?pgm=co_ddlookup&func=search&mode=dealer&strfnbr=6

Print out the locations and just go to them.

In my area, we have like 4 dealers. However every one has something different.

Your going to have to go to as many as you have to in order to find what you want.

Everyone I've seen who carries SureFire has a 6P. Only one has A2s. I've never seen a C2 in a store.

Petersen

Newly Enlightened
Hi!

- Been there... done that :)

I have bought SF lights on all my US trips...to avoid local sales tax + get discount and/or free batteries, order online and have it shipped to your Hotel, if you already know where you will be staying, you can order upfront, so that you're 100% sure that the light will get there at the same day (or day after) you check in.
- I'd just noticed the reception, that I was expecting a package, and they had put it on my bed, when I got back to the Hotel in the evening..

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=181841

I have had nothing but good experience, unless - of course you would like to see the lights "in real life" before spending $$$

Grusse aus DK

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I second (third?) the suggestion of purchasing online and having it shipped to your hotel for the following reasons:

1) You don't have to go crazy looking around for stores
2) You can do all your research ahead of time
3) You don't pay sales tax
4) CPF discount
5) It comes to you!

:)

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!

OpticsHQ is in San Francisco. I would contact them prior to your arrival and see what they have. In the past they gave a CPF discount. I would avoid hotel delivery. You're here to see the sights and sounds not to wait for a delivery.

Look up the local microbreweries near where you are staying. They are our version of a "Gasthaus!"

Enjoy the States!

Fichtenelch

Enlightened
Hehe, yeah i'm waiting for packages the rest of the year ;)

So, i'll see, OpticsHQ sounds good to me. But i'll figure something out, i thought i go to the U.S., go to the first B&M store and easily get a C2...however, thanks everyone ;-)
Time for vacation, my flight with aa is goin on the 21.st of August.

But maybe i just order one online...And i need to get another pair of oakelys :D

BIGLOU

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF. If you into Oakleys they have some outlets here in Cali. called Oakley Vault there is one in Los Angeles at the Camarillo Outlets and one in San Diego at Carlsbad Outlets. Pro Bass Shop in Rancho Cucamonga at the Victoria Gardens (I recommend going to eat to Lucille's BBQ) and in Las Vegas, NV.

Last edited: