My first L1 mod!

Marlinaholic

Newly Enlightened
I couldn't find much on doing one of these, so just kinda went by what I learned from the KL1 mods I read about here:

L1two1.jpg

L1one1.jpg

McR-20S and SSC P4 w/original driver and lens. Beautiful beam and very bright, pretty much beats my 6P led even though its just running on one cell. I think I prefer the 5th gen L1 length to the newer 6th gen Cree version. And on low I actually get a more useful beam than what the TIR puts out on low. Honestly, I think if I had to choose I would keep this light over my 6th gen Cree L1. I had to do something with this light as I just couldn't stand the greenish square of light it originally put out. :green::eeew:

BSBG

Enlightened
Nice.

I have the same light with a U bin Luxeon in it done by Milkyspit, plus a couple of other modded L1s. A good light made greater!

Marlinaholic

Newly Enlightened
Been using this light for nearly a month now and still very happy with it. Both my L1 cree Milky and stock L1 cree use the TIR optic and I find that while they throw slightly better, the smooth transition from hotspot to spill on this light looks nicer to me outdoors in actual use, especially at close to medium range. Low is really useful with that McR20S, I prefer it to the circle of light I get from TIR lights on low. Just got a Milky L2 reflector based SSC P4 light today and its similarly great. Why can't Surefire make a two level light with a reflector and warm SSC P4? The new L4 is great, but you only get one mode and the tint on all the ones I have seen is very cold, washes the colors out. Still a great light, but I really like to have a low option.:thinking: